The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Yuffie
I was personally far more upset about the recent story of a man drugging an elderly couple in a railway station then robbing them. The man, disoriented went to get help and was still drugged so fell on to the tracks and was run over by the train.
Made my blood run cold, this dog thing is the most minor crime ever in comparison but people are all like "ohhh its just like my cuddly wuddly pet doggie" so getting overly emotional about it

I'm not like that and I don't think a lot of people are.

As I said before, I feel the pain of the dog.
Lord Hysteria
so sad :cry:
such a nice dog too.

Their age is no excuse. Everyone of that age knows right from wrong. Prosecute their parents.

Why prosecute their parents, it was the boys that committed the crime, prosecute them.

tbh I think the law should have a church like attitude on age, age 5 and above you are responsible for your own actions.
Reply 42
somebody i know fell off his bunkbed onto his cat.. quite a sick thought.
Reply 43
notnek
I'm not like that and I don't think a lot of people are.

As I said before, I feel the pain of the dog.

Well that's pretty sick considering humans would have much more anguish at such a situation.
Reply 44
starry skies
I'm afraid so...in Zimbabwe for example

Similar things are happening right now in the middle east.
Reply 45
Yuffie, I see where you're coming from, but in this world, many, many, many people die every day, in all sorts of horrible ways - and they do receive more coverage (obviously not all, or even most of the worst ones) in *general* than animals.

When animal stories do come to the fore, I think it particularly appeals to us as a nation as the British are known as a country of animal-lovers; perhaps we've become used to hearing stories of human doing harm against human, whereas when it's something against an (arguably) innocent animal, it's more shocking.
i know people can change yatta yatta yatta

but just shoot the bastards - how could you do that sort of thin to a dog - what is the motive - pleasure? - just ****ing shoot the bastards
Sick. Absolutely disgusting. Screw under-18s protection laws, find them guilty and name them publicly. Then they can try and live their lives with everyone knowing what twisted little people they really are :angry:
Reply 48
Ad-Alta
Here's the link Introspectre - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=11991355&highlight=pregnant+sheep#post11991355

And yes, 'crushing' is something of a fetish in Japan -- apparantly there are very disturbing photos in an article in Snopes (a website which addresses urban legends/things of that ilk such as email forwards, and professed this particular one as true), I haven't been able to bring myself to look them, but it's a women doing that to a kitten.

Where are the pictures of woemn stepping on kittens with stileto's?

That is sick!!
Reply 49
Seriously just do exactly to them, what they did to the dog. That's what i'd call proper justice. Not just cleaning the streets for 3 weeks as they'll most probably get, IF THAT.
Rocking-Rob
Why prosecute their parents, it was the boys that committed the crime, prosecute them.

tbh I think the law should have a church like attitude on age, age 5 and above you are responsible for your own actions.

the kids should be at home, and nobody is going to prosecute a 6 year old!
Where are the parents who bring a child into this world and are supposed to accept responsibility?
Ad-Alta
Yuffie, I see where you're coming from, but in this world, many, many, many people die every day, in all sorts of horrible ways - and they do receive more coverage (obviously not all, or even most of the worst ones) in *general* than animals.

When animal stories do come to the fore, I think it particularly appeals to us as a nation as the British are known as a country of animal-lovers; perhaps we've become used to hearing stories of human doing harm against human, whereas when it's something against an (arguably) innocent animal, it's more shocking.

yes the thing is there is usually a justifiable motive involved - a lot of the time not - but its a dog - what did the dog do to them - they killed him for pleasure for **** sake.

And you are right - this is just about getting headlines - people care more about animals than they do humans - i think i read someone that last year more was donated to animal charities than childrens charities - mad isnt it
Ad-Alta
Here's the link Introspectre - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=11991355&highlight=pregnant+sheep#post11991355

And yes, 'crushing' is something of a fetish in Japan -- apparantly there are very disturbing photos in an article in Snopes (a website which addresses urban legends/things of that ilk such as email forwards, and professed this particular one as true), I haven't been able to bring myself to look them, but it's a women doing that to a kitten.

Thanks.

And it's a fetish? I'm horrified.
Anyone else wondering about the picture of the dog? If the dog was found burned and splatted, I doubt thats a picture of the dog killed - just a picture of the type of dog?

Otherwise injuries would be visible surely? It can't be owners pictures because they haven't found the owner according to the article?
Reply 54
Stuff like this upsets me so much. I just don't understand people!
Reply 55
k823127
Seriously just do exactly to them, what they did to the dog. That's what i'd call proper justice. Not just cleaning the streets for 3 weeks as they'll most probably get, IF THAT.

If you call that justice you're going to need a hella lot of trains and fires (or what ever needed to give the offender their own medicine) because, again, this happens a lot.
Reply 56
Yuffie
Well that's pretty sick considering humans would have much more anguish at such a situation.

I don't think it's sick - it's just the way I feel.

I would save an animal instead of a dog if they both needed saving but in cases like these, I feel more emotional when it's an animal. If I could change the way I am, I would.

Do you understand now and will you take back your comment about me being sick please? Cheers.
Reply 57
k823127

They should get maybe a year of community service so that they will think twice about being needlessly cruel next time.

Considering you're talking about tying some young boys to a railway line and setting them on fire, I think it's you who should be locked up. Rather sick.
Reply 58
imtired
I'm not saying it's justified if you do it because you get pleasure out of it, i was just answering your question, which you've just asked again, some people do it because they get pleasure out of it, even though they should control it, here's another example:
I was also making the point that everyone has suddenly become irrational because as you put it, the dog, by everyone's opinion here, is 'cute and socially liked'.

OK, so they do it - not something I'm trying to deny - but does it make it right, or allowable? I think we'd both agree no.

And yes, a lot of things happened in the past that we'd now see as morally reprehensible - slavery, child prostitution...

Personally I don't think anyone has become 'irrational' - some people (myself included) are very strong animal lovers. I think everyone just has to accept that everyone has different views on a topic like this (in terms of reacting to animal/human incidents) - there's not one wrong or right way to feel, just individual emotions.
Reply 59
Seriously. The people wh did that should have the same done to them and all those who they care about. I for one believe it has an even more evil element when it isnt done to a human but instead a poor, defenceless dog. Some people just don't deserve to be born.

Latest

Trending

Trending