Dog tied to railway line and set on fire. Watch

This discussion is closed.
Metal_Gear
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Danielle89)
In what way? Humans and animals are harmed every day. Animals even hurt other animals every day - some whales will toss about their prey before devouring them. It's a part of nature. Not necessarily a good part of nature, but people need to deal with it.

Millions of animals are abandoned every year. Millions of children die every year due to child abuse. There were two children found dead in an elevator having been trapped in it for 5 days - they were ages 6 and 8. Yet I don't see so much hoo-ha being made about that.

Yes animals have feelings too, but to be fair, would your neighbours dog care if you were tied up by your penis and left to die? I dont think so...
I think you are missing the point. This animal was intentionally led to a violent death for the entertainment of 2 sick minded individuals. After being tortured. No one is saying that this is any worse then if it happened to a person, but it's the principle behind the matter.

Would my neighbours dog care if I was strung up and killed? Probably not, but it doesn't mean that I wouldn't care if the same thing happened to the animal.
imtired
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
^ She said it was sad and sick, but she's just not getting so irrational and emotional over it. She was trying to make a point and although it wasn't successful because of the way it came out i understood what she was trying to say.
Botticello
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
****ing evil little cretins. What the hell?? Are they even human?
Danielle89
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by imtired)
^ She said it was sad and sick, but she's just not getting so irrational and emotional over it. She was trying to make a point and although it wasn't successful because of the way it came out i understood what she was trying to say.
Thank you - that is what I was trying to say, just didnt get it out very well lol. Not done English for a few years now and not a great debater but I know what Im on about in my own head :p:
x_Bex_x
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I think that the major issue is the children who did this, they are of a similar age to the boys who mrudered jamie bulger, I just wonder what causes them to have so little respect for life human or otherwise.
At the end of the day it should not have happened and just becuse it didn't involve people or thousands of victims doesnt make it right! Why have they so little respect, its the same problem that lead to teens stabbing each other or shooting boys in pub car parks, its a symptom of a growing desiese in britains youth and I find it scary, it may be a little tragedy on the grand scale, but is part of a problem that runs deep.
Danielle89
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Tinkerbee)
It is more horrific because people CHOSE to do it.
But no, it isn't as bad as if it was a human.

We don't get anything from animals? :rolleyes: Riiight.

And it's called being a human, we CAN show compassion. You clearly do not wish to. But thank God we aren't all like you.
I personally don't get anything from animals. I dont "connect" with animals. I've never had pets, that might have something to do with it. What I don't understand is people getting as upset over the death of an animal (intentional or otherwise) than the death of a human.

For example, a girl in my school was off school for a month because her rabbit had cancer and had to be put down. At the same time of year, my friend's sister was in intensive care and died. My friend was off school for a week and didn't mention her sister once, unlike rabbit-lover who came in every day going on about her rabbit.

I can show compassion, but for fecks sake, have some sense over it...
imtired
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Should we blame the government? Or blame society? Or should we blame the images on TV?
Tinkerbee
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I personally don't get anything from animals. I dont "connect" with animals. I've never had pets, that might have something to do with it. What I don't understand is people getting as upset over the death of an animal (intentional or otherwise) than the death of a human.

For example, a girl in my school was off school for a month because her rabbit had cancer and had to be put down. At the same time of year, my friend's sister was in intensive care and died. My friend was off school for a week and didn't mention her sister once, unlike rabbit-lover who came in every day going on about her rabbit.

I can show compassion, but for fecks sake, have some sense over it...
I'm not getting all emotional over the dog either, am just shocked at the kids behaviour and agree that some people put too much emphasise on animals...

but are you a vegan?
Tinkerbee
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Should we blame the government? Or blame society? Or should we blame the images on TV?
None.
I blame the people who did it. It's always the Govt./society's fault these days :rolleyes:
MSB
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I vote we blame the kids who did it.
Danielle89
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'm not getting all emotional over the dog either, am just shocked at the kids behaviour and agree that some people put too much emphasise on animals...

but are you a vegan?
no, I'm not. Why?

I agree that the kids' behaviour is despicable as well, no disputing that.
imtired
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by MSB)
I vote we blame the kids who did it.
Wrong.

None.
I blame the people who did it. It's always the Govt./society's fault these days :rolleyes:
Wrong.

Blame Canada.

nobody get's it... leaves quitely
Wind Guru
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by x_Bex_x)
I think that the major issue is the children who did this, they are of a similar age to the boys who mrudered jamie bulger, I just wonder what causes them to have so little respect for life human or otherwise.
At the end of the day it should not have happened and just becuse it didn't involve people or thousands of victims doesnt make it right! Why have they so little respect, its the same problem that lead to teens stabbing each other or shooting boys in pub car parks, its a symptom of a growing desiese in britains youth and I find it scary, it may be a little tragedy on the grand scale, but is part of a problem that runs deep.
Exactly. What those 'children' did was barbaric. Poor dog There are a growing number of children who don't seem to have any morals - and something seriously needs to be done. I think one of the factor is parents, when you see parents smacking their children and telling them to '*******ing shut it' - what kind of example is that? Children are going to grow up thinking violence is ok. There seems to be a large increase over the past 20 years or so. Before, people were proud to be part of a community - saying hello to everyone, not daring to step out of line incase the police were about. People today aren't afraid of police now, our country is too soft on crime. Those disgraceful children were released on bail; they'll just find it funny and have no guilt - is this acceptable behaviour nowadays?

to some above posts - we should show compassion for animals, they have every right to live in this world just as much as we do. Do they really deserve to be tortured, burnt and tied to a rail track suffering with fear and confusion? the thought of the torture itself is horrific enough, whether it be dog or a human.
Tinkerbee
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
no, I'm not. Why?

I agree that the kids' behaviour is despicable as well, no disputing that.
Then you clearly do get things from animals
Clefeen
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I can't believe how anyone can do that to a poor animal.
Danielle89
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Then you clearly do get things from animals
No, I think humans carrying out cruelty towards any creature, especially human but animal as well, is despicable. But I will only get upset if it is cruelty towards a human as I don't particularly care about the animal. A dog is a dog is a dog IMO.

Edit: haha, I understand what you mean actually - food lol. I apologise, I've packed berries for about 35 hours in the past 3 days lol.
Ad-Alta
Badges: 14
Report 11 years ago
Blame Canada.
South Park movie.

Still, these acts need to be punished, and publicly, so that others who might follow in these people's footsteps (i.e. under the assumption that cruelty to animals incurs a 'slap on the wrist' sentence) are discouraged.
imtired
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Wind Guru)
Exactly. What those 'children' did was barbaric. Poor dog There are a growing number of children who don't seem to have any morals - and something seriously needs to be done. I think one of the factor is parents, when you see parents smacking their children and telling them to '*******ing shut it' - what kind of example is that? Children are going to grow up thinking violence is ok. There seems to be a large increase over the past 20 years or so. Before...not daring to step out of line incase the police were about. People today aren't afraid of police now, our country is too soft on crime. Those disgraceful children were released on bail; they'll just find it funny and have no guilt - is this acceptable behaviour nowadays?
I think there's a contradiction there, children used to be beaten a lot more, this is why they didn't step out of line, today discipline is seen as abuse, which is why children get away with everything, what 'smacking them and telling them to ****ing shut it' will make them think swearing is ok, not so much violence, and that way of doing it is all wrong anyway, i get the impression you saw a 16 year old chav doing it to their child? Remember this:

Ok just kidding, i don't agree with that.
Attached files
Adampolar
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Wind Guru)
Children are going to grow up thinking violence is ok. There seems to be a large increase over the past 20 years or so. Before, people were proud to be part of a community - saying hello to everyone, not daring to step out of line incase the police were about.
WTH? Postman Pat wasn't a history documentary you know, you seem to have been listening to adults who are too well equpped with rose tinted spectacles. You care to back up your assumptions with any evidence? Not that you can first hand of course, seen as though you weren't around 20 years ago.
arl89
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
argh i'm so angry
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (130)
18.21%
It's just nice to be back! (194)
27.17%
Not great so far... (256)
35.85%
I want to drop out! (134)
18.77%

Watched Threads