What actually is Retracting foreskin?! Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I’ve seen on the TSR forums that you’re meant to retract your foreskin when you shower to clean properly.

I don’t know what this means though! Is it when the skin is covering your penis or the opposite?

At the moment I wash the outside of it with soap, is that the correct method of cleaning?

Please help (no troll answers please, I’m really anxious about this)...
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Elektra06
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
It's when you grab the tip of your penis(if uncircumcised)
And gently pull it down.
Cleaning the outside is good but you need to also clean the inside where the head is to avoid smegma build up, this will also come in handy for when you have sex.

If you haven't yet I'd suggest pulling it down slowly as it may need stretching
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Thank you very much Elektra06 for explaining it.

How far are you meant to pull it down (an inch?)

Also, I can’t see anything when I carefully lower it - is smegma a specific colour that I need to look out for?

Does any ‘debris’ inside not just get washed away when you pee? If not how are you meant to clear it - I don’t want to accidentally cause any issues since esp I don’t have any pain there?
Elektra06
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
If its stiff or hard to pull i'd start by pulling it down a little just a few cm up and down until you're comfortable pulling it down more. eventually you will be able to pull it all the way down and up again.

smegma is usually just white in color nothing to worry about just means it needs cleaning,

any debris inside won't get washed away purely by peeing no, its really simple to clean though you just pull the foreskin down in the bath or shower and gently wash with water or mildly soapy water
black tea
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Thank you very much Elektra06 for explaining it.

How far are you meant to pull it down (an inch?)

Also, I can’t see anything when I carefully lower it - is smegma a specific colour that I need to look out for?

Does any ‘debris’ inside not just get washed away when you pee? If not how are you meant to clear it - I don’t want to accidentally cause any issues since esp I don’t have any pain there?

Retracting is pulling the foreskin back behind the glans (i.e. the head) of the penis, not pulling down over the tip (might be easier to just google). Smegma is a creamy white colour and if it is there, you will be able to see it when you pull the foreskin back. It will be very sensitive to do initially and you might need to stretch it back slowly in small steps. If you are unable to retract it fully, you might have a condition called phimosis - this can usually be treated with a steroid cream from your GP.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Thank you both
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (167)
13.09%
Excited (111)
8.7%
Worried (233)
18.26%
Terrified (298)
23.35%
Meh (103)
8.07%
Confused (32)
2.51%
Putting on a brave face (169)
13.24%
Impatient (163)
12.77%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise