Mental health help Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Where would you go to get diagnosed with depression, anxiety and adhd? A GP, psychologist? And how much would it cost? I’m 16 so would I need to take an adult with me as well?
I hope this makes sense, thank you
BedfordMom
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Everything starts with the GP. The GP can make referrals to the right professionals wether it be psychologists etc. I hope you get the help you need soon. All the best.
Anonymous #2
Report 2 weeks ago
GP.

In terms of anxiety it is common for a GP to say even to someone over 18 has anxiety, but not make a formal specific diagnosis. Often people want specific diagnoses though e.g. GAD, PTSD, OCD, Panic disorder etc. Depression GPs are comfortable saying.

In terms of specific anxiety diagnoses sometimes people chase them for months or years hoping it will give them understanding or extra help. Sometimes it does. Sometimes it doesn't. Good luck.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by BedfordMom)
Everything starts with the GP. The GP can make referrals to the right professionals wether it be psychologists etc. I hope you get the help you need soon. All the best.
Thank you
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
GP.

In terms of anxiety it is common for a GP to say even to someone over 18 has anxiety, but not make a formal specific diagnosis. Often people want specific diagnoses though e.g. GAD, PTSD, OCD, Panic disorder etc. Depression GPs are comfortable saying.

In terms of specific anxiety diagnoses sometimes people chase them for months or years hoping it will give them understanding or extra help. Sometimes it does. Sometimes it doesn't. Good luck.
Thank you so much for this
Tawny007
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
GP would be first port of call and then they would be able to refer you, if necessary, to the right mental health team. You don't need to be accompanied by an adult to visit your GP/the hospital etc.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Tawny007)
GP would be first port of call and then they would be able to refer you, if necessary, to the right mental health team. You don't need to be accompanied by an adult to visit your GP/the hospital etc.
Thank you
Elle.c
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Everything starts with a gp, they will then refer you to where they think is suitable and there you will get more help and advice. I have many mental health problems and I’m here to help. Just message me
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Elle.c)
Everything starts with a gp, they will then refer you to where they think is suitable and there you will get more help and advice. I have many mental health problems and I’m here to help. Just message me
Thank you
Kia_Queen
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Im 17. i talked to adults i felt comfortable with at college... well technically they kinda pushed me on the subject. however all they think is that i get anxiety panic attacks but sometimes now more than before i fell like going to sleep and not waking. im suposed to have my first session in the first week of sept with a counsellor to chat about my life. not sure it will help i mean not even my family know i feel like this.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (34)
15.6%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (32)
14.68%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (45)
20.64%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (83)
38.07%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (12)
5.5%
No particular grades needed (12)
5.5%