A weird social problem Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Basically, i am 17 and am a guy at college. I can get any girl/woman to go out with me outside of college but i'm pretty socially average in college...

It started last year when i thought '**** it, lets be confident and try to look better' (with regular visits to the gym too) and for some odd reason i started to be able to pull any woman any time outside college. However, in my college (which is with a secondary school) i am socially average and was seen as quite loserish from 11 years old to 16 years old.

I don't know why i can't pull any woman at college either?...

I know this may sound really arrogant but i am telling my problems (the truth) and it'd be nice to get some advice.
inksplodge
  • CV Helper
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Well i dont know about you but i always felt socially different in school than out - you feel more restricted in an environment you're supposed to behave in and i guess you kinda conform to the rules. Outside you're probably much different.
Floria
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
As a woman I'd be put off by a guy whose overly confident to the point of being arrogant and showing off,
Try being yourself, if you see a girl you like try starting a convo, can't expect them to all come to you. Talk about what course they're doing etc.
Good luck
Becca<3Shoes
Badges: 0
Report 11 years ago
People can be put off by college/school relationships. And they know all your friends and they see you all the time and stuff.
cazamatazz
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yeah, this does sound pretty arrogant.

Anyway, I had the same sort of 'problem' during the last couple of years at my school. Prior to sixth form I'd been overweight, painfully shy and very bitter about, well, everything. Then I got over the whole binge eating thing, shaped up and started trying to make friends. With few successes.

People just take a while to catch up. They think of you in a certain way, it's difficult to suddenly change your entire perception of someone.

Just don't go from 'that socially average loser' (what the hell is 'socially average' when it's at home anyway?) to 'that arrogant ****'.
x y z
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I always find people more relaxed and friendly when I see them outside of college.
amazon
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Maybe people still see you as you were when you were younger? This sounds like a guy at my college who was not confident when he was younger and was never really that popular but then in Sixth Form he did as you did and started looking better and feeling better about himself but it didnt really make much difference inside college because people still saw him as he used to be. maybe thats the same for you?
Anonymous #2
Report 11 years ago
I wouldn't really be worried op, isn't it just because going out with a guy from college is awkward for many girls?
becky.fm
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Also, everyone from college knows what you were like at 11 years old (if you went there for school as well) and might still remember that. I think thats the main reason i've never been out with anyone who goes to my sixth form.. i can still remember all the childish/embarassing stuff they did when they were younger! (unfortunately, many of them still act the same now they are nearing 18.. :p:)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (56)
66.67%
No I haven't decided yet (18)
21.43%
Yes but I might change my mind (10)
11.9%

Watched Threads