The Student Room Group

contact lens troubles

Hi
I went to specsavers and booked an appointment for contact lens. As you know they have to teach you to put it in and take it back out 3 times before they let you trial them.

But i find it EXTREMELY hard and i am on my 4th appointment (each one about 40 mins) because it is extremely difficult taking the stupid contact lenses in and out - and for 3 times!!!

So now I'm just wondering if I should buy contact lenses online myself and forget about the 'teaches' because it's wasting my time. Should i guys or carry on??
Reply 1
bump
Get laser eye surgery - much better - I hated contact lenses and now I have better than 20/20
Reply 3
I wear contact lenses and did have a lot of trouble the first few times. I think you've got to find a technique that works for you really. for putting in I always look away, put the lens on the white of my eye, then look at my finger. for taking out I push it, you've got to push pretty hard, into the corner of my eye and it pops out.
These are completely different to how I was taught but it works for me.
Reply 4
It took me ages to get used to putting in and taking out contact lenses. Honestly, just keep practising. It takes time and effort, but it is so worth it once you can do it! Good luck :wink:
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
Hi
I went to specsavers and booked an appointment for contact lens. As you know they have to teach you to put it in and take it back out 3 times before they let you trial them.

But i find it EXTREMELY hard and i am on my 4th appointment (each one about 40 mins) because it is extremely difficult taking the stupid contact lenses in and out - and for 3 times!!!

So now I'm just wondering if I should buy contact lenses online myself and forget about the 'teaches' because it's wasting my time. Should i guys or carry on??

See....take one lens on your finger tip. Stand in front of a mirror. Raise your fingertip and make sure you place the lens on your pupil (the black thing in your eye lol), while keeping your eye wide open.
No, don't order online. It's important you learn how to do it properly and easily before you start using them at home.
Reply 7
Original post by sinfonietta
No, don't order online. It's important you learn how to do it properly and easily before you start using them at home.

I agree with that !
Original post by Anonymous
Hi

Hi I work at an opticians :smile:

If you have a small compact mirror that you can put down on the table so you’re looking down at it; that helps some of my patients when I’m doing teaches :smile:
I don’t use the arm above head to hold eyelid open method. I usually just tug at the skin below the lower lash line and pop the lenses on the white of my eye. Don’t be afraid of applying pressure.

To take it out, simply drag back down to the white of the eye and pinch them out.

Quick Reply

Latest