Is there an award for the best candidate in each subject for the OCR exam board? Watch

Pollywollydoodle
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Because I think I stand a chance at being the best in sociology! I got 100% in the first exam and i'm pretty confident about the others (results aren't out for another 62 days!)

I heard there was an award for those who only missed five or less marks overall or something? Is it true?

This is in AS level by the way.
beccarr
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Pollywollydoodle)
Because I think I stand a chance at being the best in sociology! I got 100% in the first exam and i'm pretty confident about the others (results aren't out for another 62 days!)

I heard there was an award for those who only missed five or less marks overall or something? Is it true?

This is in AS level by the way.
I got 100% in all three of my Economics AS level exams.....didn't get a single thing except a piece of paper!!!

I think it would be a bit unfair or weird for the exam boards to give awards:P surely the award is the grade!!
schrodinger's cat
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I would imagine there would be too many people who get 100% in everything. I know someone who did for Physics OCR last year, and he didn't get 'an award' or anything.
Pepe Le Poosh
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yeah for AQA they do! I'm hoping for one in geography! Just need 89 or 90 in my last module for it. I might even get away with dropping more than that because they7 send letters to the top 5 scores so say no-one got 599/600 then people with 595 are in with a shot and so on.
beccarr
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Pepe Le Poosh)
Yeah for AQA they do! I'm hoping for one in geography! Just need 89 or 90 in my last module for it. I might even get away with dropping more than that because they7 send letters to the top 5 scores so say no-one got 599/600 then people with 595 are in with a shot and so on.
unfair!!!!! oh well
~|Shock|~
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I got 299/300 in physics.....nothing
snafle
Report 11 years ago
I failed all my A Levels and all I got was this lousy high paying job.
Pepe Le Poosh
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by ~|Shock|~)
I got 299/300 in physics.....nothing
Only at A2 sorry. Should have said! I got 300/300 in Geography and didn't get a thing either!
Pollywollydoodle
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Boo! Two of my ASs are WJEC and two are OCR! No award for me I guess
Pepe Le Poosh
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Its not an award, just a letter.
georgeElsworth
Report 11 years ago
u all need to get out more gosh how can u get full marks, who has the time
Taemon
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
We get subject awards from our college; I've been awarded the prize for music and french, and I think that's the best I can hope for!
Pepe Le Poosh
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Taemon)
We get subject awards from our college; I've been awarded the prize for music and french, and I think that's the best I can hope for!
We are only allowed one award each. I got the Chemistry one at my college... vote of confidence for an A i'm guessing.
Taemon
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
We are only allowed one award each. I got the Chemistry one at my college... vote of confidence for an A i'm guessing.
I'm not sure the departments really talk to each other at my college... the staff rooms are so far apart!

Yeah... hopefully it's an indication of good things to come!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University for the Creative Arts
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    Sun, 20 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (76)
67.26%
No I haven't decided yet (21)
18.58%
Yes but I might change my mind (16)
14.16%

Watched Threads