?
Report 2 weeks ago
- Fit
- Better Quality
- Show off "name"
- Fit in with others
- Brand Snob
- Trend
Any of the above are reasons for why people buy Designer Clothes, some are true but others are often a matter of perception. I personally dont have many branded clothes and those that I do were purchased in sales where they were 50+% off normal price as id rather spend money on several other items than one single item
Kaiix
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I have a decent collection and love to show off the brand tbh, suits my style and it’s for confidence too.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Neha Shukla
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
There are so many different reasons for which expensive or designer clothes should be bought and tried on. Well, let me lay down the reasons to invest in designer clothes.

You invest in long-term options: Let us face the fact that you don't shop way-too-expensive clothes easily and regularly. The, most expensive thing that I bought recently was this:

Name:  42-lot3245_1.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  29.5 KB

Michael Kors bag and costed almost Rs19000/-. Well, I don't think I will be buying designer bags in the next few months for sure because I have had my share of investment in the same. Well, this might not be a designer clothing item but it is designer for sure and the rules apply to this as well.

The quality of the designer clothes: The luxury brands, and others certainly make sure that the quality of the products is the best in the industry. Hence, if you want to invest in designer clothes, quality is something that would be one of the biggest reasons.

These two are my set of reasons for investing designer or luxury clothes.
StriderHort
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
*shrug* Why buy anything?
Shimo
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Neha Shukla)
These two are my set of reasons for investing designer or luxury clothes.
It's hardly an investment since the clothes will never earn you money, nor will they retain their value
Shimo
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Because the marketing industry likes to equate material goods with a lifestyle of sorts. If you look at a lot of car adverts they like to show how you can be "adventurous" or "different" if you buy their car, it's appealing to people's inner wants and thinking that they can satiate them through buying their product.
chrisharrison
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Even I don’t spend much on designer clothes. But I shop branded clothes when these brands or online stores have huge sales because of the fact that they offer better quality and designs.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (216)
12.39%
Excited (161)
9.23%
Worried (308)
17.66%
Terrified (385)
22.08%
Meh (180)
10.32%
Confused (37)
2.12%
Putting on a brave face (242)
13.88%
Impatient (215)
12.33%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise