How much did your first car cost? How long did it last? Watch

gbduo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I got a Nova SR from my Mum, lasted about 2 and a bit years before I crashed it.

Best car I ever had, so much fun. Want to get another one but most of them have been barry boyed.
Bavarian Motor Works
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by gbduo)
I got a Nova SR from my Mum, lasted about 2 and a bit years before I crashed it.

Best car I ever had, so much fun. Want to get another one but most of them have been barry boyed.
Here we are in my mums Nova, it's mine now cos' it's got a spoiler,
blahhh
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
£750 Renault Clio
Got it in September and still have it Did have to spend £200 on an ignition coil and some work 2 weeks after I got iit though! :mad: But I do love it!
Spotty Dog
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
£525 for a Vauxhall Corsa 1.6D.

That car ran and ran and ran. Then suddenly, out of the blue, the glow plugs died. Which was fine, a £10 job down Halfors, but actually while I was in Halfords I had the car keys stolen out of my bag. They were the only set, and I didn't have the money right away to get all the ignition system out and new keys cut and such. As a result, the car rotted at the end of my garden for two years.

Until the nice man from the scrappy came and gave me £100 for it and towed it away. :P
inksplodge
  • CV Helper
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
my friend's dad bought her a car, and it died the next day! haha
little_green
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Mine was free as my boyfriend passed it on to me after he got another. His bro paid about £1000 for it 5 years ago though. Was a N-reg Punto. Kept it for about 8 months and sold it as I didn't need it anymore.
AmySian
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Free, grandma gave me her 1990 ford fiesta, fab little car! Crashed it after 4 weeks.
gbduo
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by AMG)
Here we are in my mums Nova, it's mine now cos' it's got a spoiler,
You may mock, but it was brilliant.

I would have that Nova over your beemer anyday. Well I would take your Beemer and sell it.

:p:
prodriven
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by gbduo)
You may mock, but it was brilliant.

I would have that Nova over your beemer anyday. Well I would take your Beemer and sell it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtmqcGsuf0U

Big up your Novas :p:
Bavarian Motor Works
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by prodriven)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtmqcGsuf0U

Big up your Novas :p:
:eek: heyyy you eated my idea
Lara C.
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by gbduo)

you crash alot of cars graham :P

£350, paid for myself. was a non-runner with a siezed engine and got if off my mate. was worth about 1k running though.
prodriven
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by AMG)
:eek: heyyy you eated my idea

You didnt post the vid you numpty. Your post made no sense without it
gracie88
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
R Reg Nissan Micra, bought last July for £950. Still going (touches wood) but has had new sparks put in, new tyre, and sometimes doesn't like starting in cold weather (common fault with micra's). I do love my car though, i try to take good care of her
gbduo
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Weider)
you crash alot of cars graham :P

£350, paid for myself. was a non-runner with a siezed engine and got if off my mate. was worth about 1k running though.
Yeh, 2006 was not a good year for cars and me. 2 cars in 6 months.

Still, Nova's are awesome, and I am about as far from a chav you will ever get. They are just really, really fun cars and don't diss them till you have driven one.
dances_with_lamposts
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
my first car was a nissan micra N reg. mum bought it for me and my sister in 2001 i think for £2000, was the best car ever. it even had go faster stripes!

then my sister crashed it and wrote it off last april. i was gutted. it had loads of life left in it. but we got £850 back from the insurance, so that was a plus.

ive got another micra now but its just not the same!

nevermind.... the first car cant last forever.

brokenangel
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
2003 ford ka £3k grandad bought it for me last july only has 21k on the clock so should last along while
shimmyjimmy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by gbduo)

That must have been ace. I would love one of those Renault 5 GT Turbo's, so hard to find in good condition. Take it over a 6 series anyway.

Besides Bavarian, the Audi A5 is better than the 6 series.
Silentsea
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I got a Ford Fiesta 2005 Flame, a woman round the corner from me wanted to desperately sell it, paid about £3,500 for it I think. Was quite a good price.
Had 20k on the clock and haven't had any problems with it since I've had it back in July.
Love it, it's nice a roomy and quite high up. Will have it for years to come!
Archibald246
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Mine was £2500, a 2001 clio and I still have it now 2 years later.

Cost a fortune to insure for the first year though (about £1000) because the driving age over here is 16 and so I couldn't get insured by any English companies- less competition=insurers over here rip you off!!
Dashavoo
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
£500 for a '93 VW polo, had it 2 years now and it is still doing well.
Have spent a few hundred on it since buying it, it needed a new exhaust put on recently, and I am about to pay for a new wiper switch (what a stupid reason to fail an MOT, it was still usable!), but I expect it to last for years to come.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (11)
21.15%
No (41)
78.85%

Watched Threads