How much did your first car cost? How long did it last? Watch

gbduo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by shimmyjimmy)
That must have been ace. I would love one of those Renault 5 GT Turbo's, so hard to find in good condition. Take it over a 6 series anyway.

Besides Bavarian, the Audi A5 is better than the 6 series.
Yeh Deathtrap screams tho from the Renault 5 Turbo! Really quick tho!

My Nova was the 1.3SR version, and they were actually quite rare, most of the time you had the 1ltr, 1.2 and 1.4, but the 1.3 was hard to find and many people say the best engine. It was a great, brilliant car. Handled like a go kart!
browzer-911
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
£1650 for a Toyota MR2 GT with a T-bar roof. Still going strong and can see it lasting well into 200k miles. Will probably keep it for a couple of years then either sell or do a V6/turbo transplant.
PinkMobilePhone
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
My first car cost £1200
it lasted 4 months then died on me

totally completely ripped off

I bought a brand new one after that for over £10k; it's lasted me nearly 2 years so far still going strong. I'd never buy second hand again.
Powerful_Robot
Badges: 0
Report 11 years ago
£1200 Seat Arosa... 4 months.
Olyy
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
£1200 - Fiesta Zetec - Had it just under a year now
pumpkin7
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by GunnerMT)
You spent 180K on a BMW!!
Don't get me wrong nothing wrong with them I like them a lot, however if I ahd 180K to spend I don't think BMW would have been my 1st choice.
i doubt he spent it. probably daddys money.

still, my first car was a suzuki alto, brand new, i think it was on offer.. something like £4999. my parents got it, i shared it with my mom for a year, then my mom had it, and they've still got it - so technically they didn't buy it for me before anyone starts calling me a hypocrite. they wanted a new car so i had warranty lol. hated the thing though.
after that i bought myself a ford KA, cost i think £3000. i liked it so much more than the alto. still, i got bored of that after a year, sold it for £2800, and i now have a peugeot 206. 05 plate, 1500 miles on the clock when i brought it, and it only cost me £4700.
Bavarian Motor Works
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by pumpkin7)
Whats it to you? :rolleyes:
Friggerpants
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago

He's said he got it given to him.

You shouldn't really be anwering this thread, as you got given your car, you didn't pay for it.
Bavarian Motor Works
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Friggerpants)

You shouldn't really be anwering this thread, as you got given your car, you didn't pay for it.
The man has a point, ignoring costs, principles are exactly the same
pumpkin7
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago

techincally it was never my car. it was for mine and my moms use, and as i said before, they have it now. plus it was never in my name, it was in my moms name. i bought my first car, my KA for £3000, again, as i said before.

so you know, read whats written infront of you first, ta.
Sync
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
£2250 Range Rover off eBay. Just coming up to three years of ownership now. Has been very reliable so far, bar a few little niggles. Gets used hard almost all the time (but is well maintained).

Love it to bits - can go almost anywhere off-road, and can transport almost anything you need it to; it'd be hard to live with a smaller car now I think. But it can also sit and cruise all day at 80mph on the motorway - great all purpose vehicle. Coming up to MOT day...which is always a scary time!
Friggerpants
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
techincally it was never my car. it was for mine and my moms use, and as i said before, they have it now. plus it was never in my name, it was in my moms name. i bought my first car, my KA for £3000, again, as i said before.

Woah! That was aimed at BMW!
Friggerpants
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago

Bavarian Motor Works
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Ohhhhh righhtt

Infact i did pay for one of my cars thanks You dont actually know me tbh so i dont think you should be attempting to tell me what i do and dont do
Jon01
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
which one?
Bavarian Motor Works
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Jon01)
which one?
Its not relevant
The Apprentice
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I ay got a car yet but ill have £2500 for insurance+car
prodriven
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago

At least he bothered to post on the subject of the thread. You've managed to come in and make posts purely having a dig a BMW. Why are you so bothered that his dad bought him a nice car? Seriously, if he bothers you that much then just dont read his posts.
gary_girl
Report 11 years ago
mine cost 8grand but that includes heavy modification its a beast and so far its lasted me 2years but obviously i hope to make it last a hell of alot longer than that... 2005 peugeot 206 sport
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (105)
17.62%
It's just nice to be back! (163)
27.35%
Not great so far... (212)
35.57%
I want to drop out! (116)
19.46%

Watched Threads