teacher training interview Watch

teach92
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi i have an interview at hope uni and i wondered if anyone can tell me what level maths they test you on in the interview. is it key stage 2 or GCSE level.thank you
EscapeTheVoid
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
they tested up to foundation G.C.S.E
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by teach92)
Hi i have an interview at hope uni and i wondered if anyone can tell me what level maths they test you on in the interview. is it key stage 2 or GCSE level.thank you
Hello there :hello:,

The tests on the interview are not equivalent to a Skills Test or G.C.S.E Equivalency test. These tests are for the admissions and department team to gauge your level. Further requirements may then be set depending on the result of the test.

If you have any further questions, please do get in touch and we will be more than happy to assist.

Many Thanks,
Tom :five:
teach92
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Liverpool Hope University)

The tests on the interview are not equivalent to a Skills Test or G.C.S.E Equivalency test. These tests are for the admissions and department team to gauge your level. Further requirements may then be set depending on the result of the test.

If you have any further questions, please do get in touch and we will be more than happy to assist.

Many Thanks,
Thank you Tom, that is great.
teach92
Rep:
?

Many Thanks,
I have not been in education for 10 years and worried my maths wont be up to scratch in time. Do the marks impact decisions?
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I have not been in education for 10 years and worried my maths wont be up to scratch in time. Do the marks impact decisions?T
Thank you for the reply, :top:

I wouldn't worry to much about the results, our admissions team will use the results to ensure that your level of mathematics meets that of the course to ensure you are not at a disadvantage. Our admissions team can then use the results to offer advice on the next step if for whatever reason you may need further mathematics before the course.

Tom
teach92
Rep:
?
Thank you for the reply, :top:

I wouldn't worry to much about the results, our admissions team will use the results to ensure that your level of mathematics meets that of the course to ensure you are not at a disadvantage. Our admissions team can then use the results to offer advice on the next step if for whatever reason you may need further mathematics before the course.

Tom
Thank you!
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Thank you!
Hi there,

You're welcome. Remember, you CAN do this and good luck!

Fi :horse:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (34)
15.6%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (32)
14.68%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (45)
20.64%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (83)
38.07%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (12)
5.5%
No particular grades needed (12)
5.5%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise