Bf going to Ibiza Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Basically... (please keep anon)

My boyfriend's decided that he's roadtripping to Ibiza (we live in England) with a load of his uni mates in the summer.

I think it's a stupid idea, mainly because people generally go there to get wasted, go clubbing and get with randoms. And obviously, i don't want that happening.

While i trust him (we've been going out for over a year and i guess we've both been in worse situations), i'm still annoyed that he wants to go. I have NO problem with him going on holiday with his uni friends (would have been nice if he invited some of his friends back home, or even me, but still), Ibiza is... just different.

Am i right to be feeling this pissed off? He can't cancel it now, and i wouldn't want him to, i just don't understand why it has to be there, when he can go clubbing anytime in England/ anywhere else less risque. Now whenever he brings it up i feel rubbish, and i can't really say anything to him about it now...

Any advice?
Quiet _One86
Badges: 16
Report 11 years ago
I think if he wants to go let him, if the trust is strong enough, thrive on that. He loves you, he will go for himself and have a good time knowing you're behind him on it. Don't worry or stress otherwise he could rebel against you and do something you dread anyway. Men, will do something more if you protest. So let it happen. Go away with your girlfriends at the same time, big distraction is if you are doing a similar thing.
lily_w
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I understand how you feel as my bf went away with his friends to Magaluf when we'd only be together a month. All his mates call it "Shagaluf" so I didnt feel so great about that! But he didn't do anything over there and while I was a bit uncomfortable about it, I trusted him and thats what you have to do. I know it feels horrible but he'll be home before you know it try and talk to him about it, ask him to contact you when hes over there. Thats what my bf did and it made it a bit better as he was txting/ringing me and I felt more included and not just like the forgotten gf at home!
Tinkerbee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Oh for God's sake.

Let him get on with it, if you trust him, grand.
If you don't why not?

Dump him. Best plan.
as cruel as school children
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
if you trust him then what's the problem?
n0b0dy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
personally, dunno y, maybe it should, but it wouldnt bother me.. :indiff:
moonbeam08
Report 11 years ago
how do you honestly know what they get up to like......i mean i know after a year you should have trust and stuff but still...are his friends nice? or are they likely to lead him astray??
squeak
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
for frigs sake. if you don't trust him in Ibiza you obviously just don't trust him. Ibiza isn't 'different', it doesn't magically make people sleep with everyone they see.
moody28028
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Least he's not going to Shagaluf.
Anonymous #1
Thanks for the replies!

The 'forgotten' thing is prob the real issue i think.

And i don't want to break up with him for something this stupid! If you trust someone unconditionally, all the time, that's a bit naive imo.
n0b0dy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
i think if he s gonna do it there, he prolly does it here.. so as said, the place doesnt make a difference imho..
Anonymous #1
And going away somewhere where you're totally detached from day to day life is going to make you act differently.
lalala222
Report 11 years ago
My boyf went to malia when we had only been together one month.. if there is any time to cheat that would be it, because we werent in love or anything... but (as far as a know lol) he didnt! Im sure with the guys who do cheat u can always tell they are that sort of person! If you know him well and it doest seem in his character then im sure you have nothing to worry about... Like someone else said.. do not put a downer on his trip, he will reallllly resent you for it, it isnt fair and will backfire!

You should just book a last minute deal with your girls somewhere fun like Zante and make him a bit jealous!

xxxxx
squeak
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Thanks for the replies!

The 'forgotten' thing is prob the real issue i think.

And i don't want to break up with him for something this stupid! If you trust someone unconditionally, all the time, that's a bit naive imo.
well..that's generally the basis of a good strong relationship....
Anonymous #1
I wont bring it up with him now, and its not like i'll be moody about it, i just wanted peoples opinions. I am going away at the same time but to New York , so it'll probs be easier at the time. Thanks for the comments x
Anonymous #1
'If you trust someone unconditionally, all the time' - there are certain situations where people are more likely to cheat!

If i guy has a load of fit girls, totally up for it and he's off his face, he's more likely to do something. That's more a lack of trust given the circumstance, not his personality.
Tinkerbee
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
'If you trust someone unconditionally, all the time' - there are certain situations where people are more likely to cheat!

If i guy has a load of fit girls, totally up for it and he's off his face, he's more likely to do something. That's more a lack of trust given the circumstance, not his personality.
I would trust my bf not to put himself in that situation, if he was so incapable of not shagging people when drunk :rolleyes:
strictnlong
Report 11 years ago
Basically... (please keep anon)

My boyfriend's decided that he's roadtripping to Ibiza (we live in England) with a load of his uni mates in the summer.

I think it's a stupid idea, mainly because people generally go there to get wasted, go clubbing and get with randoms. And obviously, i don't want that happening.

While i trust him (we've been going out for over a year and i guess we've both been in worse situations), i'm still annoyed that he wants to go. I have NO problem with him going on holiday with his uni friends (would have been nice if he invited some of his friends back home, or even me, but still), Ibiza is... just different.

Am i right to be feeling this pissed off? He can't cancel it now, and i wouldn't want him to, i just don't understand why it has to be there, when he can go clubbing anytime in England/ anywhere else less risque. Now whenever he brings it up i feel rubbish, and i can't really say anything to him about it now...

Any advice?
if hes comin with me n my mates hes gonna be gettin pussy every nite and oral despite his bird as we have all said wat happens in ibiza stays in ibiza
Reltub
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
yep, he's gonna get with loads of girls and sleep with loads of girls. Thats what you were expecting to hear right?
vaz19
Report 11 years ago
You can't compare the clubs in Ibiza to the ones in England they are like 2 different worlds.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (11)
6.04%
They might tell the bully (18)
9.89%
I don't think they'd understand (32)
17.58%
It might lead to more bullying (69)
37.91%
There's nothing they could do (52)
28.57%

Watched Threads