If you were pregnant, what kind of present would you like? Watch

Vulpix
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
I'm going to visit my cousin and his pregnant girlfriend in a few weeks and wanted to get her a really nice present. I've been looking, but everything seems to revolve around stretch marks or constipation, and I don't know her well enough for it to be that personal!
squid
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Coat hanger.
SpunkyMonkeys
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Get her some food, pregnant women love food, like chocolates or something
vex44
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
DIY Abortion kit

Ok. on a more serious note (i have a weird sense of humour) id get something like one of those bath shower perfume thingies You know, the bath set stuff, that girls always give each other?!
artorscience?
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Talk to your cousin, find out what sort of knick-knack they need for around the house. Or flowers.
Raddoun
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
chocolate & baby clothes
small&mighty
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Something I could keep, lots of people buy baby clothes, why not a photo album or baby book or something along those lines?
nicola1807
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
My sister's about 5 months pregnant, i bought her a baby book thing that she can start filling in during pregnancy, like 'my parents' thoughts when they were waiting for me to arrive' and there are places for scan pics and stuff and baby's first word/birthday etc etc. I got her this one but there are loads around
x Kelly x
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
you could get like one of those books, that you keep babys stuff in like their scan photo and then when its old enough a lock of hair etc. but that might more for when its born than a pregnant gift. Or chocolates, or something that she can use for her back, what with having bad backs when your pregnant, like a massage kit for in the bath. I duno lol

Edit: nicola1807 beat me to it :P
randomgirl
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Me personally, an abortion :p:

For a mother-to-be, maybe something she can use to pamper herself? or something for the baby? Not like clothes, how about a "first year in the life of..." photo album type thing?
death.drop
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
How about a gift certificate for a full body massage? or some other treatment that she might like?
hippieglitter
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
A teddy? Or like said before a baby book would be nice.
Altruism And Me
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
From my experience with my many aunties, pregnant women can feel really overlooked during pregnancy because everyone's only excited about the baby. Therefore I'd suggest either the keepsake idea that was mentioned by a few posters, or something pampering for her that's relatively easy to do, like a facial kit or manicure. Or perhaps a voucher to get something like that done at a salon if it's in your budget?

And if you do buy baby clothes, DON'T BUY NEWBORN! My aunties were up to their eyes in newborn clothes that the baby outgrew in a matter of weeks. 3-6 months or even more are always useful, even if they have a wait a while to use them.
FireDeuce
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Get her one of those massage things to go on a chair to help her back..
little_green
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Perhaps a pretty and comfy nightie or pyjamas or dressing gown she can wear in hospital after she's had the baby - trust me, the last thing you fancy doing after giving birth is getting dressed up for visitors lol.
Delicious Dark Appeal
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Lithium please, for after the baby is born.
Amelorn
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Peace of mind....a full night's sleep...

Hmm....give her a card that says "Good for one night of babysitting."

Eventually, that chance for a night out will become more valuable than all the chocolates, baby clothes, and albums in the world.
i_<3_you
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Something for her,and the baby to be, teddy? those cute little muzzle things, with teddy heads on...theyr soo sweet..lol

ermm 4 the pregnant one, maybe chocolate, perfume set, rocking chair, foot spa
glassheart
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I agree with whoever said full body massage.
Screw the baby, that will get loads of presents.
death.drop
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
i'd really disagree with any suggestion of anything for the baby.
a) the time for that is when the baby's actually born. if you get it now you wont know what to get when that time comes.
b) it's nice to give a pregnant lady something that's about her. when the baby comes her life will revolve around it, until then it's time for a little self indulgence.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (111)
17.62%
It's just nice to be back! (172)
27.3%
Not great so far... (225)
35.71%
I want to drop out! (122)
19.37%

Watched Threads