The Student Room Group

maexeni contraceptive pill

Ive started the combined pill, and have been using it for the past month and a bit, where i took 2 packets back to back, and i'm still on the 2nd packet but towards the end of it, however i had some light spotting. How long is it usually meant to last as i'm meant to have the 7 day break from the pill next week.
Original post by Anonymous
Ive started the combined pill, and have been using it for the past month and a bit, where i took 2 packets back to back, and i'm still on the 2nd packet but towards the end of it, however i had some light spotting. How long is it usually meant to last as i'm meant to have the 7 day break from the pill next week.

speak to a pharmacist if you're concerned but there's no set time for breakthrough bleeding as a side effect i believe.
Original post by Anonymous

There is no set time it lasts. You're likely having some spotting because you've taken 2 packets back to back. You can still have your 7 day break as normal, and you should get your bleed then.

Quick Reply

Latest