Vegan but NOT an animal lover, AMA! Watch

Obolinda
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by ecolier)
I sort of know the answer to this, but wanted to support your AMA thread :hugs:

Is vegan food more expensive than non-vegan food (for a similar calorific intake)?
Umm. foods like nuts, grains, veg and stuff are not too expensive. Some of the meals my mum are vegan, like they never contain meat but some have dairy. If my mum allows me to buy vegan replacements and stuff they are a bit of money, ngl
Gent2324
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Obolinda)
It says may contain traces of dairy. I get the dairy free one if my mum allows
Yea I guess its a bit harder for allergies, I’m allergic to eggs anyway so being vegan is easy. Luckily though if a product has traces of animal products it’s still vegan bc it doesn’t increase animal suffering
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Obolinda
Rep:
?
(Original post by Toki the Dumdum)
Why did you become vegan?
Do you miss anything that you used to eat/drink?
Does your veganism extend to non-dietary products? (e.g. clothes/shoes/bathroom products)
1. Ethics
2. No, not really. Am lucky
3. I try to. But my mum buys for me, so it's hard 😂 she buys vegan bathroom cleaners and stuff, I get this from savers: Name:  41a99p0urTL._AC_SY400_.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  17.1 KB
Obolinda
Rep:
?
(Original post by Gent2324)
Yea I guess its a bit harder for allergies, I’m allergic to eggs anyway so being vegan is easy. Luckily though if a product has traces of animal products it’s still vegan bc it doesn’t increase animal suffering
Yh, I guess
ChaoticButterfly
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Being an animal lover is the only reason to be a vegan.

You are eating less tasty food that is also worse for your health :facepalm:
yotsr123
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ChaoticButterfly)

how is being a vegan worse for your health?
FutureMissMRCS
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
What did you have for breakfast today?
Obolinda
Rep:
?

lol, what a dumb comment:rolleyes: people can go on a plant-based diet for health, environmental and ethical reasons. I went vegan because I'm opposed to animal exploitation. Example, you don't need to "love" Jewish people to be opposed to the Holocaust.

My food tastes fine, don't really need you to like it
ChaoticButterfly
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by yotsr123)
how is being a vegan worse for your health?
I'm a memeber of the church of ketosis :adore:

Fat good :angel:
Carbs bad :devil:
Obolinda
Rep:
?
porridge, lol
(Original post by FutureMissMRCS)
What did you have for breakfast today?
ChaoticButterfly
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
lol, what a dumb comment:rolleyes: people can go on a plant-based diet for health, environmental and ethical reasons. I went vegan because I'm opposed to animal exploitation. Example, you don't need to "love" Jewish people to be opposed to the Holocaust.

My food tastes fine, don't really need you to like it

Obolinda

It's not good for health, for thne majority of poeple going vegan means going carb heavy which is conducive to obesity, heart disease, diabeties (I can go on).

Enviroment is questionable. There are plenty of economic practises which produce vegan food that is terrible for the enviroment. Monocropping for example.

The only vegan food that taste nice is carbs... and they come with bad health effects. What diet can say bacon and suasages are health foods? All you have is lettuce, and I am not a rabbit, I am a big brained almost carnivore ape.
Last edited by ChaoticButterfly; 1 week ago
Deggs_14
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
somebody said I'm mysterious so I thought I'd make an AMA! :lol:

Oh and because there aren't enough vegan related threads! :lol:
What do you think about the Iditarod? Many vegans are against this but your opinion may differ...
Obolinda
Rep:
?
It's not good for health, for thne majority of poeple going vegan means going carb heavy which is conducive to obesity, heart disease, diabeties (I can go on).

Enviroment is questionable. There are plenty of economic practises which produce vegan food that is terrible for the enviroment. Monocropping for example.

The only vegan food that taste nice is carbs... and they come with bad health effects. What diet can say bacon and suasages are health foods? All you have is lettuce, and I am not a rabbit, I am a big brained carnivore.
I don't care about your keto propaganda nor what you personally view to taste nice I went vegan for ethical reasons.
Last edited by Obolinda; 1 week ago
Max1989
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
What's your least favourite mammal? And why?

I'm kinda the opposite, I love animals, but I'm not a Vegan...
ChaoticButterfly
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Obolinda

Which is fine. But it doesn't mean it's good for you. There is no rule that says the most ethical diet is the healthiest.

It's also science, not propoganda. Empirically speaking, you can treat a diabetic with keto foods. This is what you are up against ethically speaking. What is more important? A middle aged patient curing a disease which will at best lead to an ever greater dependence on injecting insulin with lower and lower quality of life until they die. Or worse leads to a limb amputation or dementia. Or the ethics of keeping and killing animals for food.

I admit carbs taste nice. I still eat them even though I know how bad they are for me.

Are you really telling me lettuce taste nice? If so I don't believe you. Not all vegan food taste bad, not at all, but the only bits that are good for you do taste terrible -___-
Last edited by ChaoticButterfly; 1 week ago
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
i,,,, i ate one of these this evening :emo:

https://dmrqkbkq8el9i.cloudfront.net...Salad_0001.jpg
Royal Oak
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
What is your opinion on vegans who make the sweeping generalisation that all vegans are vegan because of animal welfare purposes?
Obolinda
Rep:
?
(Original post by Deggs_14)
What do you think about the Iditarod? Many vegans are against this but your opinion may differ...
don't really know much about it. Welfare doesn't seem grats and I'm generally against animal exploitation tho.

(Original post by Max1989)
What's your least favourite mammal? And why?

I'm kinda the opposite, I love animals, but I'm not a Vegan...
Don't really have one, lol

Obolinda

Which is fine. But it doesn't mean it's good for you. There is no rule that says the most ethical diet is the healthiest.

It's also science, not propoganda. Empirically speaking, you can treat a diabetic with keto foods. This is what you are up against ethically speaking. What is more important? A middle aged patient curing a disease which will at best lead to an ever greater dependence on injecting insulin with lower and lower quality of life until they die. Or worse leads to a limb amputation or dementia. Or the ethics of keeping and killing animals for food.

I admit carbs taste nice. I still eat them even though I know how bad they are for me.

Are you really telling me lettuce taste nice? If so I don't believe you. Not all vegan food taste bad, not at all, but the only bits that are good for you do taste terrible -___-
I've yet to see any evidence that suggests and balanced vegan diet puts you at a significant risk of diabetes, I'll be interested to see this "science" that suggests so

Yes, lettuce tastes all right. I'm yet to understand why you have an obsession whit telling me your taste preferences? With all due respect, I couldn't care less. Not gonna lose any sleep from you not believing me, lol.

(Original post by the bear)
i,,,, i ate one of these this evening :emo:

https://dmrqkbkq8el9i.cloudfront.net...Salad_0001.jpg
ok, good for you. lol
Megxn0
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Sweet or salty popcorn?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Obolinda
Rep:
?
(Original post by Royal Oak)
What is your opinion on vegans who make the sweeping generalisation that all vegans are vegan because of animal welfare purposes?
well, if they are outrighting denying that some people abstain from animal products for other reasons, then they are delusional. If they define veganism as purely a philosophy which opposes animal exploitation by man, then I'm inclined to agree slightly.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (16)
17.2%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (13)
13.98%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (23)
24.73%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (34)
36.56%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (1)
1.08%
No particular grades needed (6)
6.45%