Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Okay so I broke up with my bf of 11 months about a month ago. I still love him but it's different and I wasn't happy if you get me? First love kinda thing. And I wanted to be on my own for a while.
So anyway moving away from him; theres a couple of guys who like me and are saying they're my 'friends'. One told me he wanted to take me out as mates, and told my mate it was a date!!
So I get a text at 3.50am. No joke. From this guy who is weirdly ringing me alot and I duno, he's a really nice guy but lives a while away, and I'm going uni and I really don't want a relationship. Text says:
Im really drunked and its 450 in the morning (it was actually 350)and the only thing I can think of is you and I hope in hell that you wouldn't hate me for this and I'm realy sorry if i offended you in any way hope you remember our promise ly.xxx

First of all I dont know what the promise was. Second, what do I do? I miss my ex, and I've told him and he doesn't want me back... only when I think about it I don't really want to be with him I just miss stuff. I'm scared I won't find anyone else... I'm scared I'm hoping on uni being somewhere I might meet someone, maybe. But right now I need to be single and get through this summer.. I have more guy friends than girl friends which makes this harder. I've been through situations like this before... but that text. I don't know whether just to avoid him now.. I really cba with boys.
richyl2006
Badges: 0
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Okay so I broke up with my bf of 11 months about a month ago. I still love him but it's different and I wasn't happy if you get me? First love kinda thing. And I wanted to be on my own for a while.
So anyway moving away from him; theres a couple of guys who like me and are saying they're my 'friends'. One told me he wanted to take me out as mates, and told my mate it was a date!!
So I get a text at 3.50am. No joke. From this guy who is weirdly ringing me alot and I duno, he's a really nice guy but lives a while away, and I'm going uni and I really don't want a relationship. Text says:
Im really drunked and its 450 in the morning (it was actually 350)and the only thing I can think of is you and I hope in hell that you wouldn't hate me for this and I'm realy sorry if i offended you in any way hope you remember our promise ly.xxx

First of all I dont know what the promise was. Second, what do I do? I miss my ex, and I've told him and he doesn't want me back... only when I think about it I don't really want to be with him I just miss stuff. I'm scared I won't find anyone else... I'm scared I'm hoping on uni being somewhere I might meet someone, maybe. But right now I need to be single and get through this summer.. I have more guy friends than girl friends which makes this harder. I've been through situations like this before... but that text. I don't know whether just to avoid him now.. I really cba with boys.
Seems to me like you have been "leading" a couple of "boys" on. I think you should make up your mind before you begin looking for a relationship.

(Sorry to be blunt but that is just how i see it)
The_Goose
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
nothing says that just because you don't want a relationship you can't go out with guy friends and flirt a little. I mean don't lead them on or anything but no-one says you have to be all nun-esque just because you don't want to be tied down. Go to uni single, you'll meet someone - but you shouldn't jump into anything to get back 'that feeling' you have of being somebody's somebody. Be your own somebody for a while see how it feels. Hugs
Anonymous #1
I haven't I've been avoiding them and I've let them know I want to be on my own and I dont want a relationship. I'm not looking for one.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by The_Goose)
nothing says that just because you don't want a relationship you can't go out with guy friends and flirt a little. I mean don't lead them on or anything but no-one says you have to be all nun-esque just because you don't want to be tied down. Go to uni single, you'll meet someone - but you shouldn't jump into anything to get back 'that feeling' you have of being somebody's somebody. Be your own somebody for a while see how it feels. Hugs
Yeah thanks.
The_Goose
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I really mean it, when i first broke up with my ex, it was so tempting to get with someone just to get back that 'somebody loves me' feeling, but when it's not the right somebody it's just not worth it, just not the same, empty. It's hard, but re-discover yourself as a single person, not part of a couple and enjoy yourself. Hook up with old friends, enjoy the freedom or only having to think about yourself while it lasts because it wont be for too long. You'll be meet someone you just can't resist don't worry chick
Anonymous #1
I really mean it, when i first broke up with my ex, it was so tempting to get with someone just to get back that 'somebody loves me' feeling, but when it's not the right somebody it's just not worth it, just not the same, empty. It's hard, but re-discover yourself as a single person, not part of a couple and enjoy yourself. Hook up with old friends, enjoy the freedom or only having to think about yourself while it lasts because it wont be for too long. You'll be meet someone you just can't resist don't worry chick
Yeah it is hard
Yeh I'm spending as much time as I can with my friends... but yeh these two guys... I'm not leading them on, they know exactly where they stand and neither of them are the guys I'd choose anyway. That sounds horrible and I don't go by looks, its all personality, but when you like someone like that, you just know and it's not that feeling.
I hope I will meet someone in the future!
Good advice Thanks
The_Goose
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yeah it is hard
Yeh I'm spending as much time as I can with my friends... but yeh these two guys... I'm not leading them on, they know exactly where they stand and neither of them are the guys I'd choose anyway. That sounds horrible and I don't go by looks, its all personality, but when you like someone like that, you just know and it's not that feeling.
I hope I will meet someone in the future!
Good advice Thanks
Yeh It didn't sound to me like you were leading them on. There no law against have guy friends, it's not your fault if they like you. It'll hit you like a lead brick when it hits.

I think you should get out your favourite disney film and a tub of hagen das and just chillax, always cheers me up. but then im a sucker for ice cream.

If your finding the separation hard, don't keep contacting him, trying to 'still be friends' right now doesn't make it any easier.

I know my advice is a bit random, I'm just trying to remember all the things i did when me and my ex broke up and I was feeling how i think you might be feeling. I listened to blame it on the weatherman by bewitched alot. that made me cry but made me feel better in a strange way.
Anonymous #1
Yeh It didn't sound to me like you were leading them on. There no law against have guy friends, it's not your fault if they like you. It'll hit you like a lead brick when it hits.

I think you should get out your favourite disney film and a tub of hagen das and just chillax, always cheers me up. but then im a sucker for ice cream.

If your finding the separation hard, don't keep contacting him, trying to 'still be friends' right now doesn't make it any easier.

I know my advice is a bit random, I'm just trying to remember all the things i did when me and my ex broke up and I was feeling how i think you might be feeling. I listened to blame it on the weatherman by bewitched alot. that made me cry but made me feel better in a strange way.
Yeah I know what you mean. Problem is we went (kind still are) at school together. He sits infront of me in last exam tues and its weird... he messed me around alot and we fell out.. then the other day he's hugging me and everything, next day he's trying to forget me. I think it'll all get better at uni?
Yerrrr ice cream sounds nice lol, I did just watch bee movie actually haha! Not a disney classic though ey..:rolleyes:
Hedger
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Ahhh, the 'drunken text', think nothing of it :p:

Ignore it and never bring it up Don't want to make it awkward, especially since you're not even after a relationship...
The_Goose
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yeah I know what you mean. Problem is we went (kind still are) at school together. He sits infront of me in last exam tues and its weird... he messed me around alot and we fell out.. then the other day he's hugging me and everything, next day he's trying to forget me. I think it'll all get better at uni?
Yerrrr ice cream sounds nice lol, I did just watch bee movie actually haha! Not a disney classic though ey..:rolleyes:

no not quite. guys are like that though, you have to remember that he may not know how to feel either, guys appear emotionless, but some of them aren't. It's difficult to still have to be around someone that you broke up with, perhaps he's just as lost as you are. Everything should all get better at uni, new people, new place, fresh start and all that.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (138)
61.88%
No I haven't decided yet (49)
21.97%
Yes but I might change my mind (36)
16.14%

Watched Threads