How did you decide what job you wanted to do? Watch

tamil fever
Badges: 18
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
^^^
Would like to hear your stories and may help people who want to find out what they want to do(including me )
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by tamil fever)
^^^
Would like to hear your stories and may help people who want to find out what they want to do(including me )
Hi tamil fever

The way that I decided what I want to do as a career was realising that what I enjoy can be a career. I loved (still love) researching and writing history. This has led me down a road that will hopefully lead to working within a university as an academic.

I would always advise doing something that you love, as you want to enjoy working since it will make up a large part of your life.

Hope this helps

Dom
tamil fever
(Original post by Liverpool Hope University)
Hi tamil fever

The way that I decided what I want to do as a career was realising that what I enjoy can be a career. I loved (still love) researching and writing history. This has led me down a road that will hopefully lead to working within a university as an academic.

I would always advise doing something that you love, as you want to enjoy working since it will make up a large part of your life.

Hope this helps

Dom
Thank you for the reply
But what if you love everything:lol:.What if sometimes you are super caring and just want to have a calm job and other times you are more serious and want to be challenged....
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Thank you for the reply
But what if you love everything:lol:.What if sometimes you are super caring and just want to have a calm job and other times you are more serious and want to be challenged....
Your very welcome,

In this case I would say it would be best to perhaps have a chat with a career advisor to see what the perfect job for yourself would be. If you love caring and want to be challenged perhaps being a care worker or work in management in the care sector would be a good fit.

:hello:
tamil fever
(Original post by Liverpool Hope University)
Your very welcome,

In this case I would say it would be best to perhaps have a chat with a career advisor to see what the perfect job for yourself would be. If you love caring and want to be challenged perhaps being a care worker or work in management in the care sector would be a good fit.

:hello:
Ohh interesting thank you
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Ohh interesting thank you
:five:

If you think of any other questions feel free to PM us!

Amy.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (213)
12.75%
Excited (150)
8.98%
Worried (302)
18.07%
Terrified (374)
22.38%
Meh (154)
9.22%
Confused (37)
2.21%