name issue Watch

Samuel101
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Bit of a story here. My name was changed in between prelims and exams. I had my name changed with the school, but was told to use my old name for the SQA this year and it’ll get changed for next year. Had maths exam first. For the first paper, I wrote my old name. I then met up with a friend who also had her name changed, who just wrote her new name. I think it was because of the email sign up that she found out the SQA changed our names. She told me to write my actual name since it would be changed. I did and checked that it had been changed under the SQA. Will it be a problem that I wrote one name on one paper, and another name on the second one?
Also, my name with the school is Sam, but it’s short for Samuel. I told my teacher this but she put it as Sam because that’s what I said I’ll be called most. When my name is legally changed, will It have to be Sam since it’s changed with the school and SQA? It’s the night before results and I’m just worried about this
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Samuel101)
Bit of a story here. My name was changed in between prelims and exams. I had my name changed with the school, but was told to use my old name for the SQA this year and it’ll get changed for next year. Had maths exam first. For the first paper, I wrote my old name. I then met up with a friend who also had her name changed, who just wrote her new name. I think it was because of the email sign up that she found out the SQA changed our names. She told me to write my actual name since it would be changed. I did and checked that it had been changed under the SQA. Will it be a problem that I wrote one name on one paper, and another name on the second one?
Also, my name with the school is Sam, but it’s short for Samuel. I told my teacher this but she put it as Sam because that’s what I said I’ll be called most. When my name is legally changed, will It have to be Sam since it’s changed with the school and SQA? It’s the night before results and I’m just worried about this
I think as long as you put the correct SCN number down on each paper it doesn’t matter if there were differences in Sam/Samuel etc. For my N5 assignments I wrote my middle name and then didn’t in my final exam - wasn’t any issue. It will be absolutely fine
Samuel101
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Oh, no I didn’t write Sam on one and Samuel on the other. It was a completely different name on one and Sam on the other. I did write the right number so yeah it should be okay but y’know won’t find out for another 7 hours
Labrador99
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
As has been said, your SCN being consistent is the most important thing...On the offchance that there are any issues (I don't think that there will be, but in case it makes you less worried about it), your school know that your name has changed recently and have a record of this, so they'd be able to contact the SQA. Pretty sure you won't need to do that and it will all be fine though

Change your name legally to whichever you would like it to be- if that's different from what the school/SQA has just now, they can quite easily change it again
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (216)
12.39%
Excited (161)
9.23%
Worried (308)
17.66%
Terrified (385)
22.08%
Meh (180)
10.32%
Confused (37)
2.12%