Exam essay questions Watch

K!m
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I have been prepping essay questions that could be in the exam. I’ve been using past papers, mock papers and additional questions provided by lecturers. All in all, there are a lot of questions and my brain can only retain so much information.

My question is: If none of the questions I have prepped for come up on the exam, and I am unable to answer the questions that are in there, shall I just go ahead and write essays on questions that I know, even if they are not on the exam? I just wouldn’t want to endure an entire exam of not putting pen to paper. Would the examiner throw me a bone and give me marks for trying anyway? Or would it be a total waste of time?

Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by K!m)
I have been prepping essay questions that could be in the exam. I’ve been using past papers, mock papers and additional questions provided by lecturers. All in all, there are a lot of questions and my brain can only retain so much information.

My question is: If none of the questions I have prepped for come up on the exam, and I am unable to answer the questions that are in there, shall I just go ahead and write essays on questions that I know, even if they are not on the exam? I just wouldn’t want to endure an entire exam of not putting pen to paper. Would the examiner throw me a bone and give me marks for trying anyway? Or would it be a total waste of time?
Hi Kim,

Unfortunately the answer to your question is no. :pinch:

Examiners need to be fair to all across the board so this is where you would need to plan out your revision to ensure you can cover a broad range of topics! It's not easy to do and sometimes it can be a gamble leaving a subject out.

Whilst it's good to go over past papers, mock papers and revise based off of set templates sometimes turning revision into a creative process can be quite helpful. You can do this by creating Limericks, spider diagrams or even creating your own audio recording to listen to.

When revising for exams I found re-writing my notes chronologically and recording myself to listen back to when at the gym or cooking was useful for me.

We are all different learners, sometimes knowing what one is best for you can really help so here are some styles below which you can explore to see if they help:

- Visual Learning
- Auditory
- Kinesthetic
- Reading / writing

I hope this helps and best of luck!

Patrick :lep:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (108)
14.38%
Excited (72)
9.59%
Worried (145)
19.31%
Terrified (174)
23.17%
Meh (48)
6.39%
Confused (20)
2.66%