The Student Room Group

Jaw / face / nose surgery

Hello all, I am 17 and male. I have a jaw overbite and it’s recessed. My nose sticks out a bit therefore it’s not aligned with my whole face. My lips is where I’d like my jaw to align with. And then I’d like my nose to get pushed back quite a bit so as to align with my lips and jaw. Since it sticks out, it’s not big, but when it sticks out further than my whole face it gives that perspective. I was wondering if you can get this type of jaw surgery and Maxillofacial surgery for free in the UK, since... you know, free healthcare and all that. Thanks in advance.
Original post by Throwaway927774
Hello all, I am 17 and male. I have a jaw overbite and it’s recessed. My nose sticks out a bit therefore it’s not aligned with my whole face. My lips is where I’d like my jaw to align with. And then I’d like my nose to get pushed back quite a bit so as to align with my lips and jaw. Since it sticks out, it’s not big, but when it sticks out further than my whole face it gives that perspective. I was wondering if you can get this type of jaw surgery and Maxillofacial surgery for free in the UK, since... you know, free healthcare and all that. Thanks in advance.

I think you’d have to pay for that as it would be ‘corrective’ surgery..the nhs only pays if it affects your health.
But honestly, don’t just go in thinking it’ll make everything perfect, it could make everything worse. So do properly think it through.
Well I guess I’m doomed

Quick Reply

Latest