Quick Question - Paracetamol Watch

westham999
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Hi there. I had two teeth out on wednesday and I have been taking paracetamol since. Im still in pain 4 days later and could well be 5 days later. Shall I continue taking pain killers despite the paracetamol box saying you should not take the medication for more than 3 days without consulting doctor?
becki08
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Take some ibuprofen for the time being and ask your doctor on Monday if you're still in pain. Also phoning NHS direct might be an idea.
username181178
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
As long as you're not going over the stated daily dose, then you should be fine. [I've taken Paracetomal for a number of days when I've had continual headaches]
If the pain lasts longer than a week though, then I'd consider going to the doctor.
The_Goose
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
try ibuprofen, better to reduce swelling. The reason it says that is if you're just taking them for a persistent headache for like a eek - because there must be something else wrong

however i would suggest buying dental pain relief from boots - much better, I've had 5 teeth out and my front gums peeled back twice, i speak from experience
Delicious Dark Appeal
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Co Codamol are the strongest painkillers you can get over the counter. I've taken the perscribed versions (which are strong enough to make you high!) for three weeks straight and came off them with no trouble, so paracetamol and ibuprophen is unlikely to cause any real problems
ArchedEdge
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
When I've had teeth removed, they were only painful for several days.

I'd suggest going back and seeking advice
Touche
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
The box is just arse covering to make sure you don't try covering up something like an infected leg with pain killers and actually get it seen to.

You know what's causing the pain, paracetamol will be fine. Take some ibuprofen too if the paracetamol isn't enough and you're still in pain. Aspirin probably isn't the greatest idea cos of it's anti-platelet function and the fact gums bleed like hell.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (73)
23.93%
No (232)
76.07%

Watched Threads