Forced to wear pakistani clothes Watch

TSR2019123
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I am forced to wear pakistaani clothes everywhere and i am 15. I dont want to be rude to my parents anyway
captainamerica77
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Okay... your 15 try and stand up to them... they may be harsh on you but tell them you dont want to wear it...

the prophet sajd that you must never stand out of a crowd... unless its haram... and youre wearing long robes when people are in jeans and chillin... so tell them that
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
TSR2019123
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
(Original post by captainamerica77)
Okay... your 15 try and stand up to them... they may be harsh on you but tell them you dont want to wear it...

the prophet sajd that you must never stand out of a crowd... unless its haram... and youre wearing long robes when people are in jeans and chillin... so tell them that
But they wont listen
elodiedechale
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
This is coming from someone who is ethnically east Asian but chose not to/ didn't want to connect with my culture and this is left me feeling so sad that I left behind a part of me and I'm now unable to even communicate with my own parents or relatives in my own mother tongue which is pretty sad really.
Love amd embrace you culture and heritage. Are you only saying this because ur peers don't wear the same clothes?
Last edited by elodiedechale; 6 days ago
TSR2019123
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
(Original post by elodiedechale)
This is coming from someone who is ethnically east Asian but chose not to/ didn't want to connect with my culture and this is left me feeling so sad that I left behind a part of me and I'm now unable to even communicate with my own parents or relatives in my own mother tongue which is pretty sad really.
Love amd embrace you culture and heritage. Are you only saying this because ur peers don't wear the same clothes?
Yh
SlightlySummer
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
‘Paki clothes’ 🤨
R u a coconut or smth (not trying to be rude)
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Last edited by SlightlySummer; 3 days ago
Fatcookies
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
pakistani clothes are bufffff tho 😍😍looks better than jeans and a top imo
MyFightSong
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
urghh I remember those days, my family are pretty traditional and the women forever wear salwar kameezzes therefore me and my sisters were expected to do the same thing. I thought it was standard in every Asian family but honestly many are very laid back and let the girls wear English clothes. It was so damn annoying, especially on Eid seen as we never had a car and my stingy ass dad would always make us take the bus to family members house so we had to wear fancy Asian clothing, high heels and a ton of make up and go on the bus dressed like that! and for many years we lived in a very white area! sooooo glad those days are over man!!
Dunya
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Everywhere as in EVERYWHERE or just 1 or 2 family functions?
TSR2019123
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 hours ago
(Original post by SlightlySummer)
‘Paki clothes’ 🤨
R u a coconut or smth (not trying to be rude)
My dad is half white and my mum is paki
TSR2019123
Rep:
?
(Original post by dunya)
everywhere as in everywhere or just 1 or 2 family functions?
everywhere
TSR2019123
Rep:
?
(Original post by MyFightSong)
urghh I remember those days, my family are pretty traditional and the women forever wear salwar kameezzes therefore me and my sisters were expected to do the same thing. I thought it was standard in every Asian family but honestly many are very laid back and let the girls wear English clothes. It was so damn annoying, especially on Eid seen as we never had a car and my stingy ass dad would always make us take the bus to family members house so we had to wear fancy Asian clothing, high heels and a ton of make up and go on the bus dressed like that! and for many years we lived in a very white area! sooooo glad those days are over man!!
How did you end that
Whoareyou?
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 hours ago
(Original post by TSR2019123)
Yh
Please don't take any of this offensively, but Pakistani clothes and the culture is very beautiful! Please don't neglect your heritage because of your friends and the people around you! If you truely feel uncomfortable, then by all means don't wear the clothes, but please don't make it out to sound like such a negative thing to be wearing Pakistani clothes. Also I'm in no way trying to tell you how to dress, please wear what you want

If you try telling your parents the reason why but in a nice and reasonably calm way, they may understand, I would just be careful in how you phrase it. Remember nothing will change if you don't make it happen.
sally_1912
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 hours ago
(Original post by TSR2019123)
I am forced to wear pakistaani clothes everywhere and i am 15. I dont want to be rude to my parents anyway
I get what you're saying. If you live in a western country, you're also living in a western society and within western culture. Its not the norm to wear asian clothes here like back home. A girl would wear asian clothes back in college and everyone would make fun of her. However, in asian culture, 15 is a bit young to go against parents but they need to understand that once a child enters puberty, parents need loosen the reins a bit.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (216)
12.39%
Excited (161)
9.23%
Worried (308)
17.66%
Terrified (385)
22.08%
Meh (180)
10.32%
Confused (37)
2.12%
Putting on a brave face (242)
13.88%
Impatient (215)
12.33%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise