Flyingleopard5
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Welcome! This thread is a place for people thinking of taking Zoology in 2020! Hopefully this will be a place to find more information on the subject, get advice on applying etc. and connect with like-minded people! As an icebreaker you can introduce where you are interested in studying, what you currently study, your favourite animal(s) and any other interesting info!
Flyingleopard5
Rep:
?
So I guess I'll start!
The zoology course I've loved the most is the one on the Penryn campus at Exeter. I currently study Biology, Geography, Chemistry and EPQ. There are so many amazing animals but I do love clouded leopards and binturongs (if you haven't heard of binturongs they are basically a black, fluffy bear/cat which smells of popcorn!). I would like to go into something like conservation and love the outdoors. I also play piano, clarinet and tennis
So yeah!
Puddles the Monkey
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I've added this to the list :woo: :yay:
Flyingleopard5
Rep:
?
Thankyou!
brassgal670
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hello,

I've just completed my application for Zoology, just waiting on my reference!

I've applied to: Liverpool, Edinburgh, Dundee and St Andrews

I studied: Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Latin at A level

Rhinos have always been my favourite animals and I think I would like to go into lecturing eventually
Gimina
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Heyy guys,
How is everyone doing with offers? Any responses yet? I got an offer for Manchester Zoology integrated masters so far
Katiehpaterson94
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I’ve applied to Uni of Manchester, Uni of Leeds, Uni of Liverpool, Manchester Met, and Salford (Mature student and I have to stay in Manchester so I need unis I can commute to). Currently doing an Access to Higher Education course in Combined Science (Biology, Chemistry & Physics) but I have A-Levels in Philosophy (A), History (A), and English Lit (B) from many moons ago 🌚. Only heard back from Salford with a low conditional of 104 Ucas point, still awaiting the others 🤞🏼.
Last edited by Katiehpaterson94; 2 weeks ago
Gospel12345
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hello. I already Have a zoology degree from an African university in nigeria. i intent to pursue a masters degree in the UK with a scholarship. any help on the best university to give me the best in my zoology career and also a full paid scholarship?
Auntie_Autie2019
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi I've applied to Swansea Uni as an autistic mature student to study Zoology. I have visited Singleton Campus, Swansea on an Open Day and loved it. Really hoping I manage to get some kind of offer.
itstafara
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Katiehpaterson94)
I’ve applied to Uni of Manchester, Uni of Leeds, Uni of Liverpool, Manchester Met, and Salford (Mature student and I have to stay in Manchester so I need unis I can commute to). Currently doing an Access to Higher Education course in Combined Science (Biology, Chemistry & Physics) but I have A-Levels in Philosophy (A), History (A), and English Lit (B) from many moons ago 🌚. Only heard back from Salford with a low conditional of 104 Ucas point, still awaiting the others 🤞🏼.
I’ve applied to Manchester met too! Have my place
Skellytor
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Hiya

I'm a mature student who has just completed their Access course.

I've applied for Zoology at Exeter, Bristol, Queen Mary University of London and Roehampton. Have received offers from QMUL and Roehampton.

Exeter is my first choice so fingers crossed!
glasgow1234
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Flyingleopard5)
Welcome! This thread is a place for people thinking of taking Zoology in 2020! Hopefully this will be a place to find more information on the subject, get advice on applying etc. and connect with like-minded people! As an icebreaker you can introduce where you are interested in studying, what you currently study, your favourite animal(s) and any other interesting info!
Hi!
i’ve applied to glasgow, west of scotland, stirling, napier and edinburgh. glasgow is my top choice and i just received an offer the other day! i have also heard back from west of scotland and stirling with unconditionals. so happy.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Guildford campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • Nottingham Trent University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • University of Groningen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 31 Jan '20

Have you ever signed up for an open day and then not gone to it?

Yes (214)
52.97%
No (190)
47.03%

Watched Threads