Campus Life - Inverness

Watch this thread
Heather MacNab
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
What is it like to be a student living away from home at the Inverness campus?
captainamerica77
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Heather MacNab)
What is it like to be a student living away from home at the Inverness campus?
like living with dozens of strangers who will inevitably steal your food and you will steal theirs... Have fun!
hallamstudents
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
I can't offer you any advice on the campus, but I can give you general feedback on moving away.

I moved 6 hours away from home - meaning I had to quickly grow and become independent. All the adult things your parents do for you become your jobs and errands, but they quickly become mundane tasks that you just know you have to take care of.

You'll have to get into the swing of things -- washing, cooking, shopping, and then even more when you eventually move out (i.e. bills, council tax, things like that.)

Hope this helps give you a little insight!
If you have a any specific questions about it, let me know, I'd be happy to answer!
Joshua
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (14)
29.79%
Take a gap year (12)
25.53%
Resit my exams (8)
17.02%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (6)
12.77%
I don't know yet (4)
8.51%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
6.38%

Watched Threads