Dgriff99
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
What are your tips for staying motivated to do uni work?! I have noo concentration at all

nschauhan101
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I don't know about uni work, but I know I struggle to stay motivated towards any school work I have. I try and lay out all my work and take it step by step as well as avoid listening to music or watch tv in the background. I usually force myself into an environment where I work, for example go with some friends to the library (or by yourself if your friends easily distract you)

good luck, I hope you manage to stay motivated!
Dgriff99
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by nschauhan101)
I don't know about uni work, but I know I struggle to stay motivated towards any school work I have. I try and lay out all my work and take it step by step as well as avoid listening to music or watch tv in the background. I usually force myself into an environment where I work, for example go with some friends to the library (or by yourself if your friends easily distract you)

good luck, I hope you manage to stay motivated!
Well this is the thing! I have an office room where I do my work in, I make a big list of everything that I need to get done, with time schedules etc but no matter how organised and efficient I start out like, my brain just goes elsewhere
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Dgriff99)
What are your tips for staying motivated to do uni work?! I have noo concentration at all
Hi there Dgriff99

I found if I wrote a list of things I needed to do it motivated me as I ticked them off. It would work with assignments too, so I'd write down "intro, methods, results etc" for my lab reports and as I ticked each section off it kept me going. It REALLY worked with my dissertation!

For me, like nschauhan101 I needed a quiet environment and I found it better if I wrote my work in the early hours, whereas friends on my course could work in a busy noisy common room, this was definitely not for me!

Fi :horse:
nschauhan101
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Dgriff99)
Well this is the thing! I have an office room where I do my work in, I make a big list of everything that I need to get done, with time schedules etc but no matter how organised and efficient I start out like, my brain just goes elsewhere
if your brain is going elsewhere, maybe something is bugging you?
if not then maybe try a different approach, i'm assuming once you get to uni, the workload increases quite a bit compared to high school, so maybe try a more relaxed approach, focus on the most important work and avoid extra/unnecessary work.
Maybe ask other people who do the same course what their methods are, some may be specific to your course?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (79)
21.88%
No (282)
78.12%

Watched Threads