Motivation help Watch

Dgriff99
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
What are your tips for staying motivated to do uni work?! I have noo concentration at all
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

nschauhan101
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I don't know about uni work, but I know I struggle to stay motivated towards any school work I have. I try and lay out all my work and take it step by step as well as avoid listening to music or watch tv in the background. I usually force myself into an environment where I work, for example go with some friends to the library (or by yourself if your friends easily distract you)

good luck, I hope you manage to stay motivated!
Dgriff99
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by nschauhan101)
I don't know about uni work, but I know I struggle to stay motivated towards any school work I have. I try and lay out all my work and take it step by step as well as avoid listening to music or watch tv in the background. I usually force myself into an environment where I work, for example go with some friends to the library (or by yourself if your friends easily distract you)

good luck, I hope you manage to stay motivated!
Well this is the thing! I have an office room where I do my work in, I make a big list of everything that I need to get done, with time schedules etc but no matter how organised and efficient I start out like, my brain just goes elsewhere
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Dgriff99)
What are your tips for staying motivated to do uni work?! I have noo concentration at all
Hi there Dgriff99

I found if I wrote a list of things I needed to do it motivated me as I ticked them off. It would work with assignments too, so I'd write down "intro, methods, results etc" for my lab reports and as I ticked each section off it kept me going. It REALLY worked with my dissertation!

For me, like nschauhan101 I needed a quiet environment and I found it better if I wrote my work in the early hours, whereas friends on my course could work in a busy noisy common room, this was definitely not for me!

Fi :horse:
nschauhan101
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Dgriff99)
Well this is the thing! I have an office room where I do my work in, I make a big list of everything that I need to get done, with time schedules etc but no matter how organised and efficient I start out like, my brain just goes elsewhere
if your brain is going elsewhere, maybe something is bugging you?
if not then maybe try a different approach, i'm assuming once you get to uni, the workload increases quite a bit compared to high school, so maybe try a more relaxed approach, focus on the most important work and avoid extra/unnecessary work.
Maybe ask other people who do the same course what their methods are, some may be specific to your course?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (180)
12.78%
Excited (116)
8.23%
Worried (264)
18.74%
Terrified (329)
23.35%
Meh (113)
8.02%
Confused (33)
2.34%