The Student Room Group

Exceptions in exam results

Hi,I’ve just had my Higher exam results come today i’ve done really well on them, however i got a lower mark in english than expected as for over half of the school year we had no english teacher and were only being taught by cover teachers. Is there anyway for this to be taken into account as my entire class were not able to get any extra support or guidance from a proper teacher or am i just stuck with this result?:smile: i hope you all got great results too!:smile:
Original post by l1504
Hi,I’ve just had my Higher exam results come today i’ve done really well on them, however i got a lower mark in english than expected as for over half of the school year we had no english teacher and were only being taught by cover teachers. Is there anyway for this to be taken into account as my entire class were not able to get any extra support or guidance from a proper teacher or am i just stuck with this result?:smile: i hope you all got great results too!:smile:

Well done on your results, and glad that you're happy with them! :smile:

Unfortunately the deadline for extenuating circumstances has passed (your school should really have submitted this at the time of exams- they may have done so without mentioning it), so unless you want to use the SQA Post Results Service (which doesn't take into account any circumstances, but does let you get your paper remarked/checked, and could cause your grade to go up or down) your grade can't be changed.
Reply 2
Original post by Labrador99
Well done on your results, and glad that you're happy with them! :smile:

Unfortunately the deadline for extenuating circumstances has passed (your school should really have submitted this at the time of exams- they may have done so without mentioning it), so unless you want to use the SQA Post Results Service (which doesn't take into account any circumstances, but does let you get your paper remarked/checked, and could cause your grade to go up or down) your grade can't be changed.

That is so annoying to hear that there was a possible solution, honestly seems like the school were out to get me from the offset lmao. Thank you so much for the help though. Do you know if there is a deadline for the post results service??
Original post by l1504
That is so annoying to hear that there was a possible solution, honestly seems like the school were out to get me from the offset lmao. Thank you so much for the help though. Do you know if there is a deadline for the post results service??

There's no guarantee anything would have been done, but if the teaching quality had been deemed sufficiently poor, it wouldn't have done any harm for the school to have submitted it :redface:

The deadline (assuming you've not got a uni place for this year depending on it) is 27th August (it needs to be submitted by your school, and they need to agree to submit it), but there's a whole FAQ here :smile: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6058392
This happened to me this year in graphic comm, we had no teacher from January-July but nothing was altered in results aspects

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending