Trump scapegoats video games as the cause of mass shootings Watch

Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by C.Goodyear)
Not a scapegoat for the entire issue but it may be a factor, it effectively desensitises people from violence at an early age.
I imagine most people who are compos mentis recognize there is a gulf between shooting a group of pixels with another group of them to walking into a school/mall/etc. and shooting a load of innocents. After all, allcountries have video games but only America has a mass shooting every day of the week.
Fullofsurprises
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Now Trump is off to El Paso to try to twist the news agenda onto his pathetic version of reality.

He's a brave man to go though, so many guns in that area and so many people watching video games.
username4750714
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by C.Goodyear)
Not a scapegoat for the entire issue but it may be a factor, it effectively desensitises people from violence at an early age.
Does it? If anything I'd say it makes people less violent.If you are taking out your anger and aggression on video games then theoretically you'll be less violent in real life.Video games are just a diversion tactic anyway.He knows he can't blame guns so he's blamed everything but guns instead.It doesn't take a genius to see that the general public should not be allowed to buy ak-47's.There is just no need for it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (137)
13.51%
Excited (93)
9.17%
Worried (190)
18.74%
Terrified (230)
22.68%
Meh (78)
7.69%
Confused (27)
2.66%