mdcrisp2000
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Tis midnight right about now. Happy birthday!

I had a meal out with the family for my 18th. I didn't do anything remotely exciting for it. Kinda wish I had... Been to plenty of other 18ths since, so I guess that makes up for it
afc1886
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Happy birthday, welcome to the rest of your life
RedDragon
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday dear Manthaaa
Happy Birthday tooooo yoooouuuu!

:birthday: :beer: :dancing2:
Mantha
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
aww thanks everyone :hugs:
foolsihboy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Heppy birthday. I'm nowhere near 18, but imagine I'd feel excited. How does it feel?
Mantha
Rep:
?
(Original post by foolsihboy)
Heppy birthday. I'm nowhere near 18, but imagine I'd feel excited. How does it feel?
Lol so weird. I don't feel 18 at all. (OR look it for that matter :p:)
xxlawyergirlxx
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
hApPy BiRtHdAy! omg I'm 18 in 4 days and I'm absolutely dreading it no joke, I rly rly rly don't want to grow up :'( I wanna be 17 foreverrrrrr.
but have a great day anyways!
Mantha
Rep:
?
(Original post by sarah1990)
hApPy BiRtHdAy! omg I'm 18 in 4 days and I'm absolutely dreading it no joke, I rly rly rly don't want to grow up :'( I wanna be 17 foreverrrrrr.
Ditto.

RedDragon
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Mantha)
Ditto.

Just remember an age is just a number to tell people how many years you have resided on this Earth. It doesn't dictate who you want to be or how you live your life.
pisces_abhi
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I wish I could go back to childhood too Adulthood sucks, so much pressure and expectations kills the kid inside of you
Democritus
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by RedDragon)
Just remember an age is just a number to tell people how many years you have resided on this Earth. It doesn't dictate who you want to be or how you live your life.
Unless you want alcololz
xxlawyergirlxx
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Ditto.

Lol well I have my last exam on Thursday, and our leavers mass as well, so I'll be turning 18 and leaving school at the same time! It's like Thursday is the day my childhood is officially over, I'm gonna get really drunk and overemotional about it I bet lol.
RedDragon
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Democritus)
Unless you want alcololz
With the exception of alcohol(your drunk aren't you?), however if you have ID that shouldn't be a problem anyway.
Mantha
Rep:
?
Lol well I have my last exam on Thursday, and our leavers mass as well, so I'll be turning 18 and leaving school at the same time! It's like Thursday is the day my childhood is officially over, I'm gonna get really drunk and overemotional about it I bet lol.
That makes it sound very scary! I think you stop being a CHILD at like 12. You're still a teenager hun
MonkeyFace
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Happy birthday!!

As for me, I went to Paris with my boyfriend for my 18th. Was supposed to be all romantic, but I ended up getting my period that day, so instead I fought with my boyfriend over something very stupid (something about I how thought he was a total "chauvinistic pig" because he didn't like a song by Alanis Morisette that I did...lol) and spent most of the day on the hotel room bed, cramping my stomach off. We even had to cancel dinner reservations at this fancy French restaurant because the pain was so bad. Ended up having dinner at the nearby McDonalds, where my boyfriend (probably in an attempt to get me to talk to him again) told the staff it was my birthday but how I was too sick to properly celebrate it. So then they all took pity on me and gave me a balloon that said "Happy Fifth Birthday" alongside a free Happy Meal. I didn't feel 18 AT ALL...more like, two. lol. Definitely not one of my best birthdays, but certainly was one of the more memorable ones!
Democritus
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by RedDragon)
With the exception of alcohol(you drunk aren't you?), however if you have ID that shouldn't be a problem anyway.
I'm not actually :p: although I did craft the saying whilst partaking in the consumption of vast quantities of alcohol.
xxlawyergirlxx
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
That makes it sound very scary! I think you stop being a CHILD at like 12. You're still a teenager hun
Yeh but your adulthood starts at 18, so technically I am still a child, thus Thursday being the day my childhood is over. But please don't listen to me over-dramatising everything, be happy your 18 woop! haha today is the first day of the rest of your life, make the most of it!
Mantha
Rep:
?
(Original post by MonkeyFace)
Happy birthday!!

As for me, I went to Paris with my boyfriend for my 18th. Was supposed to be all romantic, but I ended up getting my period that day, so instead I fought with my boyfriend over something very stupid (something about I how thought he was a total "chauvinistic pig" because he didn't like a song by Alanis Morisette that I did...lol) and spent most of the day on the hotel room bed, cramping my stomach off. We even had to cancel dinner reservations at this fancy French restaurant because the pain was so bad. Ended up having dinner at the nearby McDonalds, where my boyfriend (probably in an attempt to get me to talk to him again) told the staff it was my birthday but how I was too sick to properly celebrate it. So then they all took pity on me and gave me a balloon that said "Happy Fifth Birthday" alongside a free Happy Meal. I didn't feel 18 AT ALL...more like, two. lol. Definitely not one of my best birthdays, but certainly was the one of the more memorable ones!
AWww Yeah but going to Paris with your boyfriend? That's such a grown up thing to do!! I so don't feel 18. I've never had a serious relationship eek. I still feel 14 :p:
Teofilo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Happy Birthday!

18th doesn't really mean that much to me (or my friends for that matter). It's 21 that really seems to bring about the sea change.
QI Elf
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Mine was really like any other day!

I didn't really do anything for it. It's six months since my birthday and I still haven't had a drop of alcohol!!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (56)
66.67%
No I haven't decided yet (18)
21.43%
Yes but I might change my mind (10)
11.9%

Watched Threads