The Student Room Group

How far should i read into this?

Girl problem. I'm a guy. I'm in year 12, she's in year 13.

I've been talking to this girl for a while. Well, more accurately, she spoke to me. I was horribly nervous as i've never really spoken to a girl before and when she randomly said hi to get the ball rolling, i went bright red and got away from her as soon as i could, pretending i didn't hear her. Because she's really attractive and i felt intimidated - why would she say hello to somebody she doesn't know? I plucked a bit more courage and got her number after a while.

Being single all my life, i'm no good at reading signals, understanding just general signs of attraction, but i felt like a rush in chest every time i saw her and really nervous about what i should say to her, i mean, that's attraction right? And she'd always be looking at me whenever i passed her and said hi and how are you and things like that and i always felt good about myself when she talked to me, laughed at my comments, smiled etc and i'd feel pretty low after she leaves

Now, she's going off to uni but i never told her how i felt...until last week. I sent her a message because i may never see her again telling her that she's a great girl and i regret not being able to get to know her better, she replied with:

“Hey hey, thanks for your message last night! I hope you have a really good time in ------- and good luck for next year! No doubt I’ll see you around! Love ------ x”

I mean, what do i do? Does she want to meet up? Does she just plan on us being friends? I'm really confused and i don't know what to do.

Thanks for your help
Reply 1
That message doesn't necessarily mean anything. I think you should just leave it if she's off to uni, other girls will come along and in the future you will be in a better position to act on your feelings.
Hey!

Don't worry, this is really common and I know how frustrating it is. From the text I take that she sees you as a nice person and she is looking forward to "Seeing you around" but I don't take more from it... the only way you're going to find out is by asking her!

I know this seems scary but think about it, it could be the start of something amazing OR if she doesn't feel the same she's going to Uni so you wont see her to feel intimidated or humilated and by the time she comes back she will have been so busy and forgotten all about it and just want to hang out as mates!

You'll never know unless you try! (:
Reply 3
personally i think ur readin into it too much...

if shes text u back..she obviously plans on being friends soo keep talking to her and just see where it goes from there... =]

but if you are really anxious to know..you're better off just askin her so at least u know where u stand!!
I reckon your text didn't actually hit with her, meaning i don't think she got that you really like her as in gf/bf. If i were in your shoes, i'd probably ring her/meet up with her and actually try and get a reaction from her because it seems her text back sorta skated over what you said. It's very difficult with people going to uni and such most of my mates are unsure whether to stay with their respective girlfriends as it's such a duelling process going uni and being away from each other etc so even if she does like you she may not want to get into something serious during the summer before heading off to uni.

Either way, if she likes you or not, make sure you know how she feels before she leaves otherwise you're going to be wondering for a long time what could have happened.

I'll be honest with you, that kind of text she sent you may infer that she just wants to be friends with you, but no harm done if you want to push and actually know for sure.

good luck with it mate