MateInTwo
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hello, in my personal statement I mentioned winning competitions in the field I want to study and that I participated in seminars (but not all by name). Can I somehow send in the certificates I received there, as proof as well as simply so they know which ones I mean? (there are too many as to name, I don't have that much space left in my PS.)
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
They don't care enough to chase you up on that. If you have an interview they may well ask about it but what matters is how you relate it to wanting to study the subject

(Original post by MateInTwo)
(there are too many as to name, I don't have that much space left in my PS.)
what a flex
MateInTwo
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sinnoh)
They don't care enough to chase you up on that. If you have an interview they may well ask about it but what matters is how you relate it to wanting to study the subject

what a flex
sorry it might've seemed like that. Just wanted to avoid answers like "just list them your PS". And thanks!
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yeah, they most probably won't need to see proof of something like that but for future reference you'd scan them in and send a copy digitally either by uploading to UCAS or via email.
Last edited by bones-mccoy; 2 years ago
MateInTwo
Rep:
?
(Original post by bones-mccoy)
Yeah, they most probably won't need to see proof of something like that but for future reference you'd scan them in and send a copy digitally either by uploading to UCAS or via email.
How do you upload something to UCAS? can't find a panel for something like that - or what email would I send them to?
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
How do you upload something to UCAS? can't find a panel for something like that - or what email would I send them to?
No you would send them to an individual Uni if they asked for them, not to UCAS
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by harrysbar)
No you would send them to an individual Uni if they asked for them, not to UCAS
Apologies, it's been 8 years since I used UCAS so I'm a bit rusty!
Admit-One
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
The Uni would request them if they needed them. They almost certainly won't require of evidence of subject prizes and suchlike.

As above, the certs are almost irrelevant, it's your writing about the experiences and they relate to your interest to the subject in your PS which is important.
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
UCAS won't care about them tbh.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (6)
4.41%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (23)
16.91%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (24)
17.65%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (19)
13.97%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (40)
29.41%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (24)
17.65%

Watched Threads