What did you get (or what do you HOPE to get) as an 18th birthday present? Watch

beckiestar
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I got a sewing machine from my parents - that's what I wanted! also they threw me a huuge birthday party at a club in town which cost a fair bit but was such an amazing night!
Dreamy_whisper
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by inksplodge)
Mine is too :eek:
I'm exactly a year older than you then!
Katiee
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
my mum got the diamonds from her engagement and eternity ring (parents divorced)
made into a diamond necklace... one for me and one for my sister
that was nice

annd my dad got me a nice watch

my bf got a £750 watch off his parents

and £3000 off his grandparents :O
Amelorn
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
At first, nothing.

Then dad came. I got 10 silver dollars and an Irish walking stick. I thought to myself, "The silver is awesome, but WTF am I going to do with a cane? It 'supposedly' is a traditional gift for a young man in Ireland (we're Irish descended). But I turned 18, not 80."

My grandparents sent some money ($50 US). They were wintering in Florida. They normally live in New York, but each year miss my birthday.

I suppose Christmas was a make-up. I received a musket that cost $500 US. I then spent another $125 on gun powder, musket balls, and miscellaneous accessories for shooting. When I bring that to the range...boy does it turn heads.

But my God....I am a little jealous of those of you who got $2000 or more (I am doing the currency conversions).

Although, my grandfather does let me play with money he gave me at birth...
Ewan
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Got a Digital Camera & a bonus bond my parents bought for me when I was born, all 2000GBP of it.

Got 200GBP off by uncle & 100 GBP off my brother
Kew
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I got a cello I'd always used a school one before then, so I needed one of my own for after I finished year 13.

My sisters and I had a great birthday because it had snowed so hard the night before that the local schools were all closed!
Peter North
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
trip to amsterdam!!!!!!!
NexusDominus
Report 11 years ago
i dont expect to get anything....probobly a lil money but thats abotu it....so sorry to be modest but....i think at 18 ...you shud be giving more than getting...a lil rule of mine..
pandora7
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
i got a HUGE houseparty (combined with my best mate cause his bday was on the same weekend as mine.) best ever. got Digital cam, a new ipod (which i've lost now ) and a new macbook. and then the next day (in my drunken state) i flew back home to see some of my oldest friends! twas a good day. i've never received cash money as presents before for some reason! my parents are really weird.
Officer Dibble
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I got a D-SLR and a box of beers.
freeforever
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I got the insurance for my car from my parents and the car from my bf (it's his old one s didn't cost him anything apart from MOT and tax) and my bf also took me on holiday to france for a week My uncle got me and expensive necklace. Didn't get any money lol but I don't care cause it would have gone on what I got bought
sweetlovinchick2k1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
From my parents I got a gold diamond and blue topaz ring. I picked it in March last year and my birthday was in November!

My parents also got me a Radley purse and the Jungle Book Special Edition DVD.

My sister & brother in law got me this gorgeous necklace and watch.

I was so happy with my presents! I didn't get any money cos all my other family live in South Africa but tbh I hate getting money cos I never know what to do with it.
LA_0909
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'm getting a new MP3 player, because I asked for one, my Dad said he's got something special lined up for me and I don't have a clue what it is!

I hope I get a nice piece of Jewellery from someone, or some nice perfume.

But some people at my college got ridiculous amounts for their 18th. One girl got;
- Brand new black mini - she hasn't even passed her theory test even though she's taken it 6 times
- £5000 of Tiffany's Jewellery
- £1000 of Burberry clothing
- Designer handbag (I forget which)
- £10,000 cash
- Birthday party at a really cool club - with £1000 tab behind the bar

I also know another guy who got £100,000 for his 21st ;___;
meenu89
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
money from mum and dad and from bfs mum and dad
gold ring and necklace from grandma
gold kara and bangles from nani and nanaji (mums mum and dad)
Cortez
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Silver Fox)
£500.
Same here.
h82think
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I was given £50 from my parents and £80 from family and friends. I can't believe how many people were given £1000 :eek:

(Original post by pandora7)
a new ipod (which i've lost now )
The theory of having a tiny MP3 player is neat, but in reality it just doesn't work
star.
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Wow, some people get loads of money. I didn't get any. My parents got me Glastonbury tickets though - best present EVER.
Lizbut
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
My parents have bought me a ticket to Leeds festival ... also I'm having a party.
weet_ABI_x
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
My birthday is...still... two months away, despite the fact I swear my last birthday was about 6 years ago. Anyway, I'll be so relieved to finally be 18 (last one in the year!), I don't really care about presents. My boyfriend is taking me on holiday though, and I think my parents are giving me the spending money, which should be a pretty safe gift.
123mccann
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I hope to get a top of the range laptop, which I can use for when I go to Uni.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (11)
6.15%
They might tell the bully (18)
10.06%
I don't think they'd understand (30)
16.76%
It might lead to more bullying (69)
38.55%
There's nothing they could do (51)
28.49%

Watched Threads