IonaMacleod
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
How should I deal with my parents being disappointed with my exam results? I haven't received them but just in case I get a bad grade in one of them
username4477742
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Tell them to stick their opinions where the sun don't shine! I went through this last year, my dad didn't care about my results but my mum did... I only just got into sixth form with my results last year (I got four 5s and one 4, the rest were either 2s or 3s). She kept telling me how I should have worked harder - but that isn't going to help now, the exams are over and the result is finalised. You may notice that your parents will all of a sudden actually become bothered about your education now, but not while you were taking your exams 😐🤷*♀️

Your parents should be supporting you so just don't get to worried about it now, there's nothing you can do to change the results.

Anyway good luck! Remember that your results don't define you, and there is always another option if things don't work out the way you hoped. I'm sure you have done wayyy better than me at least!
social_chemist
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
how do you know you got bad results?
username4477742
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by social_chemist)
how do you know you got bad results?
It's just in case she gets a bad result 🙂

There is truly no point in worry about the 'what-ifs'. What will be will be, and all that
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (160)
15.55%
Uncertainty around my education (167)
16.23%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (98)
9.52%
Isolating with family (71)
6.9%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (38)
3.69%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (90)
8.75%
Loneliness (102)
9.91%
Financial worries (46)
4.47%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (94)
9.14%
Exposure to negative news/social media (73)
7.09%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (90)
8.75%

Watched Threads