Year 10 going in year 11 Watch

tugceerten
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
So in September, I'm year 11. School has destroyed my mental health. Since Spring, I've been quite bad. I hate everything. I can't deal with going into year 11 bc it'll go too fast +then soon it will be GCSEs then I'm leaving the school + everything ik to then do a levels which ugh I'm just worried abt. I hate everything + I can't control the time +I feel like I've wasted time worrying + being upset + I hate myself for it but I can't stop. Everyday, there's always a point where I'm quite bad. I'm just so upset.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
student27170102
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Try not to stress over things you cannot control (time). Maybe you're scared to go into y11 because you don't think u can do well. So i think you should try setting a goal of what you want to achieve and then make a plan of how you will revise so you feel more in control of the situation. If you make a detailed plan of what you will do with your time each day you won't worry as much as you will know exactly what you need to do each day to achieve your goal and once you do that you will hopefully feel better. Also, try to focus on the positives, y11 doesn't have to be a stressful year, it can be a year where you finally prove yourself and showcase what you have learnt over your academic years by leaving y11 with good grades.
student27170102
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I did my GCSE's last year so if you need any help or support with revision you can message me and i will be more than happy to give you any advice you may need or resources for revision
Anonymous #1
Report 1 week ago
Honestly I genuinely think the 3 years of GCSEs and A levels have been my worst so far. Believe me when I say you will look back and realise how much uneccesary pressure you will have put on yourself and others will have put on you for something which could have been much easier. For the academic stuff focus on breaking everything down, doing something each day for 30 mins is better than 8 hours of work for 1 day and none for the next week. Make checklists for your subjects and find the specs online for your exam boards so you can tick off topics as you go. Watch youtube videos, make mindmaps, write out the very basic notes you would need if your exam was next week and you had to cram. This will reassure you that if worst came to worst you would have everything on each topic to learn from if you have nothing else. For the mental health side of things you need to do you and take care of yourself above anything else. You take priority and honestly in 80 years you won't look back on your life and wish you had worked harder for an A level if you know you looked after yourself - you would however regret not taking care of your health. Try and write a positive thought every day, it can be something you want to achieve or something your proud of that way you can start your day off right. I get that things can often feel overloading and frustrating but you need to find a purpose like a hobbie / sport / Tv programme where you can just have a release from stress. This may sound crazy but the way I look at it is that life is too short to waste time hating yourself and being upset. Sure give yourself time but then you need to realise that only you can make you feel better, it will be tough but if you accomplish something - even small - every day then you will soon start to realise how you can take control. I hope this gets better for you and if your ever struggling you can always use childline to message someone anonymously or talk to someone at school (a friend, teacher, counsellor etc.) You are not alone and although it is easy to feel that way just know someone out here hopes you feel happy as you deserve it and realise that it is not normal to feel amazing 100% of the time. Give yourself a break and know its normal but if you can never feel happy then please ask for help, remember you will never be the first person to feel like this or have a problem so you should never feel ashamed. Hope this helps xx
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
Hey there,
I am also going into Year 11 in September and I completely get what you're saying, everyone, says Year 11 goes by really quickly and that's what scares me, because then it's sixth form and A-Levels and then uni and it's literally like life's just passing by and I'm not even taking it in, I find it impossible to live in the moment too, so I get what you're saying, I think my advice would be to try and concentrate on the now, like the right now, what you're doing in this moment. Good luck, with everything
tugceerten
Rep:
?
student27170102 thanku! ♡
tugceerten
Rep:
?
+ thankss Anonymous, I mean both of the anonymous people ♡
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (34)
15.67%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (32)
14.75%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (44)
20.28%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (83)
38.25%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (12)
5.53%
No particular grades needed (12)
5.53%