Convincing my parents to let me have minor face surgery Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
So I'm gonna be blunt and say that I have a mole on my face. It's near my chin and is not huge, but is noticeable. It's something that has made me very self conscious for years and I just want it gone. I have other moles on my body (like most people) and they don't bother me, it's just upsetting bc it's on my FACE and everyone can see it and it makes me feel hideous. There's a clinic where I can have it removed but I'd have to pay £300 for (I do actually have the money already saved up). The problem is, my parents are very against me getting it removed bc it's on my face and I was born with it. But it's something that makes me feel so bad about myself. I'm 19 so can technically do this without their permission but I really want them on my side. How can I convince them to support my decision?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
Just put makeup over it
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Just start scratching it, say that it is getting painful and pay the clinic.
Then tell your family after it has been removed and say that doctors prefer to remove painful moles to ensure that cancer risk is minimal.
Doctors told friends this and the nhs funded their mole removals; there was no in pain, only some scratching.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
Just put makeup over it
Of course I've done that! It's a lump on my face - it looks dumb with make up over it. :shifty:
Fermion.
Badges: 17
Report 1 week ago
Let me guess you’re Muslim?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Fermion.)
Let me guess you’re Muslim?
No? I'm white. What's with that assumption?
Fermion.
Badges: 17
Report 1 week ago
No? I'm white. What's with that assumption?
Then if it’s really affecting you then get it done. Your parents will get over it. 🤷🏽*♀️
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
Of course I've done that! It's a lump on my face - it looks dumb with make up over it. :shifty:
What kind of makeup are you using? 🤨

Try using paper-mache it works 100%
random_matt
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Jeez, my whole body has tons of moles, what am I to do?
threeportdrift
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Why do you need them on your side? You have the money, you are over 18, you want it done. Perhaps the only thing that will make them realise how important it is to you is getting it done. While you dither and wait for their approval, they lose nothing and you continue to be affected.
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It's a shame your parents can't see how much this is upsetting you. I would sit down with them and explain everything, how it's making you feel and that you already have the money saved up so it's no expense for them. I would honestly get it done regardless of how much they object, it's your face at the end of the day and only you have the right to determine what you do with it. Once they realise how much happier you are without the mole then they'll get over it. It's not like you're having major plastic surgery, you're just getting something small - but significant to you - removed, the same as having your ears pinned back or your nose shape changed.
Last edited by bones-mccoy; 1 week ago
Anonymous #3
Report 1 week ago
Just do it, it’s not a big deal
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (34)
15.6%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (32)
14.68%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (45)
20.64%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (83)
38.07%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (12)
5.5%
No particular grades needed (12)
5.5%