Job advice? Watch

FluffyUnicorn18
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
My interests lie in art and ancient history, but I want a job that pays a lot. I can’t find a job that I would be really passionate about but also pays a lot. Any advice? I don’t mind science but it wouldn’t be my ideal career choice.
S.carter
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I’m gonna be honest, unless you’re over 18 and really qualified you’re not going to find a job that pays ‘a lot’

You May have to start volunteering in a museum or something like that or if you’re lucky get a job there if you really want something you’re passionate about.
If you want money then you may just have to take a job in a supermarket or retail, depends what your priorities are
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Last edited by S.carter; 2 weeks ago
marinade
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Passion - one of the most overused words in the English language, even more so in the world of work.

Try stuff. Try jobs, voluntary experience, talk to people and listen and then decide.

It is often the people around someone in an organisation that is a better guide of satisfaction than the literal title of the job or area. Including other things like ethos and shared aims.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (213)
12.75%
Excited (150)
8.98%
Worried (302)
18.07%
Terrified (374)
22.38%
Meh (154)
9.22%
Confused (37)
2.21%