Apprenticeship help Watch

a_struggling_gay
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Ok so im fresh out of secondary, and I'm looking for an apprenticeship. Ive tried applying EVERYWHERE, but i've heard absolutely nothing from anyone. Anyone else having better luck??
Hoc est Bellum
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by a_struggling_gay)
Ok so im fresh out of secondary, and I'm looking for an apprenticeship. Ive tried applying EVERYWHERE, but i've heard absolutely nothing from anyone. Anyone else having better luck??
try the Gov.Uk apprenticeship finder (https://www.findapprenticeship.service.gov.uk/). This is where I found mine. Look at how to write a good CV and cover letter. That is what I did to find mine. Most importantly, apply for lots of them - the more you apply for, the better your chances.
She-Ra
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
National Apprenticeship Service National Careers Service please can you help
brainzistheword
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
What sort of areas are you thinking of doing an apprenticeship in - and how many have you previously applied to?
National Careers Service
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi there,

Hoping I can help.

What type of apprenticeship are you looking for and what level?

The Find An Apprenticeship tool on Gov.uk is a great place to start, you can set up a free account and set up an alerts system for when local opportunities are added.

You can also try www.notgoingtouni.co.uk for additional vacancies.

If you could get back to us with more info about what you're looking for, what you have tried etc hopefully we can help even further.

Thanks - Sophie.
She-Ra
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Apprenticeships Advice can you help?
a_struggling_gay
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
(Original post by National Careers Service)
Hi there,

Hoping I can help.

What type of apprenticeship are you looking for and what level?

The Find An Apprenticeship tool on Gov.uk is a great place to start, you can set up a free account and set up an alerts system for when local opportunities are added.

You can also try www.notgoingtouni.co.uk for additional vacancies.

If you could get back to us with more info about what you're looking for, what you have tried etc hopefully we can help even further.

Thanks - Sophie.
I know exactly what apprenticeship I want to do, a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship. It's pretty much an IT helpdesk type of thing, which I'm trying to use to get into the whole IT world.
National Careers Service
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
I know exactly what apprenticeship I want to do, a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship. It's pretty much an IT helpdesk type of thing, which I'm trying to use to get into the whole IT world.
Thanks for getting back to us.

Have you had a look on the BT website at their apprenticeship schemes?

Thanks - Sophie.
a_struggling_gay
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
(Original post by brainzistheword)
What sort of areas are you thinking of doing an apprenticeship in - and how many have you previously applied to?
I've applied for at least 20 at this point, through training providers, the gov.uk website and by directly e-mailing companies. I've had 2/3 interviews, but nothings really been succesful. Luckily, I've applied to a few colleges for A-levels and I have a place, but really, it's a backup for if I can't secure an apprenticeship, or a temporary thing if i can get an apprenticeship later on.
brainzistheword
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
I've applied for at least 20 at this point, through training providers, the gov.uk website and by directly e-mailing companies. I've had 2/3 interviews, but nothings really been succesful. Luckily, I've applied to a few colleges for A-levels and I have a place, but really, it's a backup for if I can't secure an apprenticeship, or a temporary thing if i can get an apprenticeship later on.
Ah right, well I'd certainly like to commend your determination! What sort of apprenticeships are you applying to (as in sector and level)?

Perhaps there is something on your CV or the way you write your applications that is putting employers off. It's difficult to say as I don't know the whole story but perhaps getting someone to peer-review your CV would be a good idea.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (213)
12.72%
Excited (151)
9.02%
Worried (303)
18.1%
Terrified (374)
22.34%
Meh (155)
9.26%
Confused (37)
2.21%