Fear of social media Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I have an odd fear regarding social media, I don't have instagram but I want to try and put myself out there but I stop myself every time in fear for being judged. I want to change my Facebook profile but can't because I don't want people to judge what I change it too, it took me a long time to start liking peoples facebook posts and everything is on private and my profile is very bare, i cant post snapchat stories in fear of what people will think and Sometimes when sending messages to a friend , even ones that I know well, I'll send the message and immediately switch my phone off or avoid it for hours, I'm afraid to contact/message people because I think they will find me annoying and automatically hate me, as I usually think when I meet people, I think they dislike me instantly, this is probably why I have barely any friends
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Don't worry, a lot of (young and old) people simply do not have any social media these days.

If you'd prefer, just having Whatsapp or your standard text message is fine!

Social media is certainly not a necessity, and should really not be how you should be judged.
rosemartine
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Social Media is a way only share any information which you wan and you can also see any information related the topic which you like.And it is a source of Entertainment also.Don't be afraid of it and don't be think about people too much. People have no rite to judge you. So use Social Media without afraid.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (34)
15.67%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (32)
14.75%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (44)
20.28%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (83)
38.25%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (12)
5.53%
No particular grades needed (12)
5.53%