Is there hope? Watch

Mynameisntjohn
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
So I just got my results A- PE B- Physics & Math C- English & Chemistry and I need to get an A in math for my course with AABB I'm going into S6 btw so do I retake the highers or what do I do?

Any help would be very appreciated thank you.
HumbleBee_x
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
There is hope :^_^:
Labrador99
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Mynameisntjohn)
So I just got my results A- PE B- Physics & Math C- English & Chemistry and I need to get an A in math for my course with AABB I'm going into S6 btw so do I retake the highers or what do I do?

Any help would be very appreciated thank you.
The short answer is yes, definitely.

ABBCC is a good set of results, so well done!

If you need an A in maths for the course you want, your best option is probably to resit it (I'm guessing you don't want to do it as an advanced higher?). As well as your A in maths though, you'd just need at least 1 other B to meet the AABB requirements.

Whether you want to resit chemistry and/or English is pretty much up to you- there's pros and cons of doing a new subject vs resitting, so it's an individual preference whether you'd like to do a different subject. My personal advice would be to do a new subject, as then you'd have a wider range of highers/more qualifications
Mynameisntjohn
Rep:
?
(Original post by Labrador99)
The short answer is yes, definitely.

ABBCC is a good set of results, so well done!

If you need an A in maths for the course you want, your best option is probably to resit it (I'm guessing you don't want to do it as an advanced higher?). As well as your A in maths though, you'd just need at least 1 other B to meet the AABB requirements.

Whether you want to resit chemistry and/or English is pretty much up to you- there's pros and cons of doing a new subject vs resitting, so it's an individual preference whether you'd like to do a different subject. My personal advice would be to do a new subject, as then you'd have a wider range of highers/more qualifications
Thanks for the advice I'll try to retake math and I'm gonna take higher economics. Thank you
Labrador99
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Thanks for the advice I'll try to retake math and I'm gonna take higher economics. Thank you
Sounds like a plan, hope that you have a good rest of the summer!
Quick-use
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
What course do you want to do at university?

I might recommend you to retake English and/or Chemistry. Would you be able to resit Maths since you already have a B in it?

As an aside, I found Higher rmps extremely easy to crash. Whenever I've tutored people, I've always recommended them to crash it at Higher and they've all gotten B or above. It's a really interesting course and not too difficult.

You could do: English, Chem, rmps and Econ.
Last edited by Quick-use; 1 week ago
Mynameisntjohn
Rep:
?
(Original post by Quick-use)
What course do you want to do at university?

I might recommend you to retake English and/or Chemistry. Would you be able to resit Maths since you already have a B in it?

As an aside, I found Higher rmps extremely easy to crash. Whenever I've tutored people, I've always recommended them to crash it at Higher and they've all gotten B or above. It's a really interesting course and not too difficult.

You could do: English, Chem, rmps and Econ.
I'm trying to study Mechanical engineering.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Clearing open day Undergraduate
    Tue, 20 Aug '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Aug '19
  • University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (16)
17.2%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (13)
13.98%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (23)
24.73%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (34)
36.56%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (1)
1.08%
No particular grades needed (6)
6.45%