The Student Room Group

Chinese degree what uni

I'm not after a RG university my only requirement is not in London Ideally.

I got a few marked down Hull, Aston, Man Met, Bangor, Nottingham Trent and Trinity Saint David.

Just wanna get a few more ideally ones that have a placement year abroad and require no previous qualifications in a language.
Original post by adam271

I got a few marked down Hull, Aston, Man Met, Bangor, Nottingham Trent and Trinity Saint David.

Just wanna get a few more ideally ones that have a placement year abroad and require no previous qualifications in a language.

My niece has just completed a Mandarin degree at university of Nottingham. (Not trent). She had a great time and spent a year in china
Original post by adam271

Hi Adam,

Thanks for considering studying with us. Do you have any questions at this stage? If so, either myself or our admissions team should be able to help you.

Josh
Reply 3
Original post by squeakysquirrel
My niece has just completed a Mandarin degree at university of Nottingham. (Not trent). She had a great time and spent a year in china

Do you know what course she did?
Original post by adam271
Do you know what course she did?

Yes she did Spanish and contemporary Chinese. Chinese was ab initio. Thinking about it, it may have been Cantonese. But either way she is now fluent
Original post by squeakysquirrel
Yes she did Spanish and contemporary Chinese. Chinese was ab initio. Thinking about it, it may have been Cantonese. But either way she is now fluent

I think it would've been Mandarin. :fluffy:
Original post by adam271

I know you said you're not after an RG uni but I did Chinese Studies at Sheffield, and had a really good time. I did my year abroad in Nanjing and loved it!

Pretty much every language course will require a year abroad anyway :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending