Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
To any students who stayed in the shared study bed accommodation what’s its like sharing a room? Is it hard never really having your own space or is is comforting not being alone? I’m applying through clearing so I’ve accepted I’ll either be sharing a room or in private accommodation I’m just wondering what’s its like? The pictures on the website make the room itself look lovely and I viewed one on a tour so the room isn’t bothering me its sharing my space with a stranger. I share my room with my dog now but I feel like it might be different sharing with another person instead.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Bump
MiracleLeaf
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Did you end up sharing a room? I'm thinking of applying for it to save money, as my maintenance loan won't even cover the shared studybed room!
University of Exeter Student Recruitment Team Three
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
To any students who stayed in the shared study bed accommodation what’s its like sharing a room? Is it hard never really having your own space or is is comforting not being alone? I’m applying through clearing so I’ve accepted I’ll either be sharing a room or in private accommodation I’m just wondering what’s its like? The pictures on the website make the room itself look lovely and I viewed one on a tour so the room isn’t bothering me its sharing my space with a stranger. I share my room with my dog now but I feel like it might be different sharing with another person instead.
Hello, so quite a few of our students share a room for all sorts of reasons and they seem to get on well with it. There is plenty of storage and the accommodation team try to match you up with people who have similar intertests to yourself. I do know that if you don't get on with the person you are put with, the team do try to help to move you into a different room as they understand its a long time to be in close proximity with someone you don't get on with, but on the whole this isn't really an issue.
Hope this helps a bit?
Jo - Student Recruitment Team
MiracleLeaf
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by University of Exeter Student Recruitment Team Three)
Hello, so quite a few of our students share a room for all sorts of reasons and they seem to get on well with it. There is plenty of storage and the accommodation team try to match you up with people who have similar intertests to yourself. I do know that if you don't get on with the person you are put with, the team do try to help to move you into a different room as they understand its a long time to be in close proximity with someone you don't get on with, but on the whole this isn't really an issue.
Hope this helps a bit?
Jo - Student Recruitment Team
Hi, what will be happening with the shared rooms from september? will it be safe to have people sharing rooms?
thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (146)
14.46%
I'm not sure (43)
4.26%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (303)
30%
I have already dropped out (26)
2.57%
I'm not a current university student (492)
48.71%

Watched Threads