How do I show examples of resilience with no work experience? Watch

Taran29
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
16 post year 11

I've never worked before or done any voluntary work. All I've done is high school. And I can't think of any examples of academic resilience to put on my application.

My biggest show of resilience has gotta be my ability to continue to come to school and get decent predicted grades (6s, 7s and 8s) in my GCSE exams after my only parent died during year 10. But it would be unprofessional and awkward to mention.
I definitely have resilience but all of my examples are personal and not relevant to the job (IT support)
Last edited by Taran29; 2 weeks ago
S.carter
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Taran29)
16 post year 11

I've never worked before or done any voluntary work. All I've done is high school. And I can't think of any examples of academic resilience to put on my application.

My biggest show of resilience has gotta be my ability to continue to come to school and get decent predicted grades (6s, 7s and 8s) in my GCSE exams after my only parent died during year 10. But it would be unprofessional and awkward to mention.
I definitely have resilience but all of my examples are personal and not relevant to the job (IT support)
Firstly, Really sorry about your parent.
Maybe you could do something now if it’s required? Better to start late than never. Really resilience is pushing through obstacles so I dunno if volunteering 100% shows it, however what happened to you does. I’m not sure how you’d mention it, but people can get consideration forms filled out for exams if they have special circumstances so hopefully your teacher should help with that if possible
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
SlightlySummer
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I think you should search to find work experience now, whether it's for 5 days or 10. It doesn't matter what it is as long as you actually are able to write it down and learn from it
:crossedf:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (65)
14.32%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (70)
15.42%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (87)
19.16%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (183)
40.31%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (21)
4.63%
No particular grades needed (28)
6.17%