What is the worst dentist appointment you have had? Watch

LostLioness
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
This one time I visited my Dentist she told me I needed a filling and then proceeded to give it to me without an injection. The nerve of that woman! I remember stopping her every other second, flinching and then asking to be injected. She never complied. I dread all my appointments now. I am certain she does too, I am a wimp and a pain to work on.
Last edited by LostLioness; 2 weeks ago
Good bloke
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
When I met the dentist I know as the Beast of Rugby (which is where I lived at the time). I needed fillings and (never having needed treatment before) he proceeded to give me local anaesthetic by needle. I was nervous; the needle was long; it was painful. He gave me seven jabs (and I exaggerate not) over the next twenty minutes, not all of which, presumably, resulted in a successful injection.

Since that day I have always had fillings sans anaesthetic.
Kathy89
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Had two root-canals made, one of which was awfully painful, but in the end was OK...
The procedure itself started well, had two injections didn't fell any pain until the doctor reached the root itself, it was so painful the doctor stopped and gave me another two injections, he continued and I still felt pain, he said he can't give me more and he is almost done, so I just suffered.
After a few days of taking painkillers everything was just fine. Felt pain for about a week, but the filling was done is great, you can't tell it from a normal tooth and it feels good. The other root-canal you can tell the difference in the color and it feels like cley...
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
StormyOcean
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I had an awful experience a few years ago. I needed five fillings due to severe bulimia causing acid damage to my teeth. It was split into two appointments. Get there for the first three, I was so nervous I was shaking so much. Sit down, dentist proceeds to numb me and gets started without checking I was numb. The first tooth went ok but the second I felt everything. It was so painful, I was crying and shaking so much I almost fell of the chair. I can't really remember the third tooth or the next appointment for the other two teeth but I haven't seen a dentist since and don't really want to. Oh and before he even started he went on a lecture about how I was "silly" for making myself throw up and eat bad things.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (209)
12.75%
Excited (146)
8.91%
Worried (296)
18.06%
Terrified (370)
22.57%
Meh (151)
9.21%
Confused (36)
2.2%