brightxburns
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
I feel like I'm the total opposite.

They're extremely intelligent and hard-working High Achieving Type A personalities... I'm a lazy bum.
They're very into sciences (well, medicine is their job!) but I'm more artsy.

They're not exactly party animals. I go out a bit too much.

I feel like I should be a lot better than I am, being their child.
xxlawyergirlxx
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'm too similar, surely 17 is too young an age to start turning into your mother?
Kater Murr
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Not really, no, but my parents are chalk and cheese. They're both the extremes - my mum's crazy, and my dad's incredibly dull.
Jabbamuffin
Badges: 1
Report 11 years ago
Hopefully not, I notice what they do that annoys me and worry if I'm like it and annoy others.
cpj1987
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'm nothing like my Mum, no.
She stresses about every tiny little thing, whereas I'm very laid back and don't stress at all.
She's very conservative - not a fan of anything new, slightly homophobic, doesn't accept any kind of modern culture; whereas I love technology, and I'm not at all homophobic, and I recently argued with her about my brother (he's an emo) because she had a go at him for wearing eyeliner, and I mentioned that I thought it suited him.
She's also very wary of other people; she doesn't like doing things for others - I'm the other way around, I live my life to help others.
However, I look like her quite a bit, and have a very similar voice (albeit it with a bit of a lisp which she doesn't have).

My Stepdad I'm nothing like, but we just won't go into that.

From what I can work out, my personality/opinions are most similar to my real Dads, but I only met him in November 2007 so that's not really long enough to judge. I also look a bit like him - around 50% him and 50% my Mum.
seanw
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Probably more so than I'd like to think.
Irrelevance
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I pray i'm not. My dad's a little short sighted personality wise and my mum is narrow minded pretending to be somebody with a broad view of the world
Mastermind`
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Quite similar.

They're extremely intelligent and hard-working (especially my mum). I'm not going to suck my own lollipop but I'm relatively intelligent..I think.

My Daddy is a pimp and so am I. :cool:
Glutamic Acid
Report 11 years ago
My mother: I'm not like her at all.

My dad: We have a similar sense of humour, and like the same sports. And maths was his best subject at school.

My dad left school at 15, my mum at 17. They're not really high achievers. I look nothing like either of them.
RedDragon
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
If your talking along the lines of being clinically depressed....then yes. I also have inherited some of my mums intelligence according to my dad.
Tucking Fypo
Badges: 3
Report 11 years ago
I'm like neither, though I've been told I resemble my Mum.
tom_tom_tom
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I am everything my parents arnt, in some respects i find it hard, because we have such little in common
brightxburns
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
(Original post by Mastermind`)
Quite similar.

They're extremely intelligent and hard-working (especially my mum). I'm not going to suck my own lollipop but I'm relatively intelligent..I think.
Well, you'd have to be pretty intelligent to get into LSP. They've got insanely high grade requirements, I've heard.
misswilliams
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
In some ways yes, I'm a lot like my mother and I have my dad's temper.

But in a lot of ways I'm not, which I am VERY VERY thankful for
Zerforax
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Im very similar to my dad according to everyone...
Mantha
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Very different to my mother, she is very nervous and uptight. But then my Dad is extremely social - I am not :s: I think I'm more like my dad than my mum though (I am nothing like her).
squid
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
My dad's artistic and an alcoholic.
I'm rubbish at art and don't drink.

My mum's a nurse in a mother and baby unit and a psychiatric hospital.

I can't stand people, let alone helping them.

So no, totally different ;D
purple-girl
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'm like both of my parents, in several ways. I have similar interests to my dad, and we have the same sense of humour etc, and I like to think I have his motivation and work ethic-get everything done ASAP and then have free time later on. It's a trait I respect and would like to have, but I generally don't-like my mum, which is worrying, in a way.

I generally get on with my dad better than my mum, but hey. I can get on with my mum quite well at times, but less often than with my dad. Ah well...I love both of them (despite mum really annoying me quite often).
Hanzing
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Im Very similar to my dad, We both walk fast, both can be short tempered and loud and love to make people laugh (even if his jokes are appaling!) However I follow my mum in that Im shy around people I dont know, and I do enjoy staying in once in a while! Academic wise im different from my parents, but thats mostly opportunity I think than mentality.
Downesey
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Lol, my mums very clever, insightful, fun and pretty. Whilst my dads thick and chunky (but lovable)

In a sense im a mix. Im slim and smart, but i do very stupid stuff sometimes!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (142)
17.95%
It's just nice to be back! (213)
26.93%
Not great so far... (283)
35.78%
I want to drop out! (153)
19.34%

Watched Threads