can you buy an Oyster card at London Victoria coach station?

Watch
OkThanksBye
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
^^^^

if not wheres the closest place?
barnetlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes you can, or at Victoria rail station.
OkThanksBye
Rep:
?
(Original post by barnetlad)
Yes you can, or at Victoria rail station.
thank you
Mr Wednesday
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by OkThanksBye)
^^^^

if not wheres the closest place?
Just about any Oyster machine(e.g. atthe Tube etc) should be able to spit out a new card as well as topping up a pay as you go. Its also possible to just use a standard bank card that can do contactless on tubes and busses instead if you are only in London for the day, make sure you touch in AND out on the tube whichever way you pay.
Last edited by Mr Wednesday; 1 year ago
OkThanksBye
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mr Wednesday)
Just about any Oyster machine should be able to spit out a card as well as topping up a pay as you go. Its also possible to just use a standard bank card that can do contactless instead if you are only in London for the day,make sure you touch in AND out whichever way you pay.
what do you mean by touch in and out? also how much would you recommed to top up by for a days travel maybe 5 or so bus trips and a couple tube trips
Mr Wednesday
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by OkThanksBye)
what do you mean by touch in and out? also how much would you recommed to top up by for a days travel maybe 5 or so bus trips and a couple tube trips
Most tube stops have automatic gates (look for the red / green markers as you walk towards them so you know which way is in and out). You touch an Oyster or bank card on the round yellow reader to have the gate open to let you in or out. Some stops just have the reader and no gates, but you still need to use it on the way in and out or the system assumes you took the most expensive trip possible and bills you the max ammount. £10-15 should be enough, the total cost for a day of travel ends up getting capped.

Lots more detail including pictures of the readers, prices, how to buy, alternatives to a physical Oyster card etc here ...

https://www.visitlondon.com/travelle...-london/oyster
Last edited by Mr Wednesday; 1 year ago
OkThanksBye
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mr Wednesday)
Most tube stops have automatic gates (look for the red / green markers as you walk towards them so you know which way is in and out). You touch an Oyster or bank card on the round yellow reader to have the gate open to let you in or out. Some stops just have the reader and no gates, but you still need to use it on the way in and out or the system assumes you took the most expensive trip possible and bills you the max ammount. £10-15 should be enough, the total cost for a day of travel ends up getting capped.

Lots more detail including pictures of the readers, prices, how to buy, alternatives to a physical Oyster card etc here ...

https://www.visitlondon.com/travelle...-london/oyster
right ok thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (94)
13.78%
I'm not sure (32)
4.69%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (214)
31.38%
I have already dropped out (16)
2.35%
I'm not a current university student (326)
47.8%

Watched Threads