The Student Room Group

future advise needed

I really want to stage home cause that what I'm interested in, but I need advise on what course I need to do to be able to do that as a job in the future. I'm currently in collage doing art and design.
Hi there Yasmin,

Are you talking about home staging? If so, maybe it would be of interest to you to look at Interior Design courses? Interior Design is all about the aesthetic and environment of a space, so it would definitely be of use to a future career based about home staging.

Our Interior Decoration, Design and Styling course at Plymouth College of Art helps students to curate spaces to briefs, with emphasises on colour, surface, decoration and ambience in a range of interior environments. If you'd like to know more about the course, check out the webpage. If you have any questions or would like to know more, please feel free to ask.

Hope this helps,
Harriet :smile:
Second Year Photography Student and Student Ambassador
Reply 2
Original post by yasmin78
I really want to stage home cause that what I'm interested in, but I need advise on what course I need to do to be able to do that as a job in the future. I'm currently in collage doing art and design.

Hi Yasmin,

I run a course in BA Interior Design. Home staging isn’t something we cover, but interior design can lead you towards it. It offers similar skills, such as selecting and specifying products.

With our focus on interior design and place making, and a mix of live and theoretical projects, our course explores the space between objects and architecture. And we have a hands-on approach to crafting the interior, so as to positively influence the perception of people as they use space.

Interested? Contact Jonathan Forster <[email protected]>
Lecturer in 3D Design - Spatial & Interior Design
University of Plymouth
Hey Yasmin,

If you're interested in Plymouth College of Art, we have clearing places available. You can call our clearing hotline (01752 203402) or WhatsApp us (07722744184) if you'd like to get in touch. You can also fill out our clearing form here.

Alternatively, if you'd like to drop in and speak to someone from the college, we are open Thursday 15th 10am - 5pm, Friday 16th 10am - 2pm and Saturday 17th 10am - 2pm.

If you're worried about finding accommodation with us, don't! We guarantee accommodation when you study with us and you would be able to come for a tour this week! If you have any other questions, please call or WhatsApp us!

Best,
Harriet :smile:
Third Year Photography Student and Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest