Am I able to have sex on the seventh day after starting the pill? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I started taking the pill recently on the 31st of July but my doctor didn’t really explain that well, she said to use condoms in the meantime but am I fully protected on the seventh day? Or do I have to wait until the 8th so that I’m fully protected?

I also use rigevidon if that helps, I’m very new to this form of contraception. Thanks a lot.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Tash Hunt22
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Yes you're protected on the seventh!
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I started taking the pill recently on the 31st of July but my doctor didn’t really explain that well, she said to use condoms in the meantime but am I fully protected on the seventh day? Or do I have to wait until the 8th so that I’m fully protected?

I also use rigevidon if that helps, I’m very new to this form of contraception. Thanks a lot.
You need to have taken 7 pills to be protected. So if you've taken the pill on the 31st, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th and the 6th then you are protected, provided you have taken them all correctly.

Also, you can have sex on any day of taking the pill. You don't become unable to have sex just because it's only the 3rd day or whatever. Your body is able to have sex whenever you want, but whether it is protected is another matter. I'm assuming you meant can you have sex without a condom, but I just wanted to clarify this for anyone else reading this who may be confused about what they can/can't do.
Apachecow
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Also if you start taking the pill on the first day of your pill you are protected straight away and can ditch those condoms as the first pill makes its way to the stomach.
black tea
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

You are fully protected from the 8th day. You need to use condoms for the first 7 days of taking the pill (unless you started on day 1 of your period like the person above said - then you are protected from day 1)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (168)
13.1%
Excited (111)
8.66%
Worried (235)
18.33%
Terrified (299)
23.32%
Meh (103)
8.03%
Confused (32)
2.5%
Putting on a brave face (170)
13.26%
Impatient (164)
12.79%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise