I can't remember things in the past Watch

FM08
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
when i try think of the past I can't really remember much at all. i can't even remember what some of the rooms in my old house look like. the only things i can remember are what schools i went to, where i lived and that's about it. i don't remember going out with people and i struggle to remember places. are there other people like this?
generalebriety
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
What's "the past"? I don't remember much of the details of what I did three years ago, but that's because it was three years ago. I do remember what I did yesterday.
FM08
Rep:
?
just checking lol chill out
Ewan
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Same, but then I can't remember what I had for dinner today
RightSaidJames
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Tell me, can you remember what you were doing on the day of 9/11? What about your most recent birthdays, Christmas, and so on? The first time you rode a bike or acheived something significant?

Perhaps the reason you don't remember some things is because you don't consider them significant enough. Some people place different levels of importance on different things. For example, were you particularly fond of your old house? If not, why would you want to remember what all of it looks like? Maybe the people you went out with weren't that special to you, or the relationships didn't go so well so you'd rather forget it?
ShaolinTemple
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Or perhaps in Freudian terms you've repressed those thoughts that you can't remember =o
FM08
Rep:
?
Tell me, can you remember what you were doing on the day of 9/11? What about your most recent birthdays, Christmas, and so on? The first time you rode a bike or acheived something significant?

lol can't remember any of that
Ewan
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
My brothers birthday is on 9/11 LOL

Atleast I'll never forget it...
Cowberg
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Do you remember things in the future then?
couture_kid
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
ha ha... maybe its a blessing in disguise. I can clearly remember the past, but mostly the bad memories... hardly ever the good ones!
small&mighty
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by couture_kid)
ha ha... maybe its a blessing in disguise. I can clearly remember the past, but mostly the bad memories... hardly ever the good ones!
Agree!!!
HJV
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I can't remember things years ago that clearly, either.

However, I've got a strange memory, and once reminded of a starting point (eg. going to a friend's house before going to buy booze for a party with him), I can remember the following events in the day very clearly. Even when it was a year or more ago.
Kew
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
OP, I think it's quite unusual not to remember things to that extent. I can remember tons of stuff, dating back to when I was three, and I think I'd hate not being able to do that. I really like 'going down memory lane' (:p:) now and then, looking back to happy/funny memories and reminiscing. It happens most often with my sisters because as triplets we've had so many shared experiences and really enjoy hearing each others' memories, but it's nice doing that with other members of the family and old friends too.
fredscarecrow
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
My brother's lie that. Has no recollction of anything that happened more than about 6months ago...

I, however, can remember stuff that I said when I was in nursery, particular emotions from certain things I did etc..all from the age of about 3/4. Not every day obviously, but random days here and there and important days.
Annoyingly, however, I can barely remember what I did earlier in the day XD
Magnum Opus
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
oh i have the opposite, my memory is like audio-visual

maybe try brain training games?
Magnum Opus
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by fredscarecrow)
My brother's lie that. Has no recollction of anything that happened more than about 6months ago...

I, however, can remember stuff that I said when I was in nursery, particular emotions from certain things I did etc..all from the age of about 3/4. Not every day obviously, but random days here and there and important days.
Annoyingly, however, I can barely remember what I did earlier in the day XD
also like this
. sav .
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
My memory is the worst. I often tell people the same things about 5 times in the same day. When people ask me - do you remember when we went... or did... whatever, i really never can. When I argue with my bf, I cant remember what i've said earlier in the argument. I have to set reminders for everywhere I'm supposed to be, because even if i book say a dentist appointment in the morning for the afternoon, i'll never remember. I struggle remembering even very famous actors and actresses names! I know their faces and I know theyre famous... but thats about it. I muddle days up - for example if you ask me what I did last night, I'll probably tell you what i did about 3 nights ago, but for some reason I think that it was last night.... Its endless, and rather annoying actually!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (114)
66.67%
No I haven't decided yet (34)
19.88%
Yes but I might change my mind (23)
13.45%

Watched Threads