trayder
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
I started C3 this week, but i will be finishing school in 2 weeks. I wanted to know what could i do during the summer to give me a better understanding of C3 without having to study solid, as i do want a break.
qgujxj39
Badges: 15
Report 11 years ago
Get a textbook (either the Heinemann one, or the Pearson Longman combined C3&C4 one) and work through it slowly, say a chapter every couple of weeks or so.
generalebriety
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Study, with breaks in the middle. If you have a textbook, there's plenty of material in there for you to do and practise on. And there's always TSR for help. Do as much or as little as you want, there's no pressure - presumably you'll be going over it next term?
pcok
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
You could learn the whole book in the summer if you wanted, then you'd be well prepared for next year! The big things are identities, so get used to them and practice being able to show LHS=RHS using identities. Once you have done a few they become easy to spot, and are worth good marks in the exam.
Kolya
Badges: 15
Report 11 years ago
How confident are you with the material presented in the AS portion of the course? If there are some areas which you found difficult to understand then it may be worthwhile reviewing those problematic areas before looking at C3.
trayder
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
(Original post by Kolya)
How confident are you with the material presented in the AS portion of the course? If there are some areas which you found difficult to understand then it may be worthwhile reviewing those problematic areas before looking at C3.
to be honest C1 and C2 were pretty easy. but yh i think i will jus work through the text book slowly so it doesnt feel so pressurising.
prudentstudent
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Try and divide it into sections:

Functions
e / log
Numerical methods
Trig
Transforming graphs
Differentiation

That's pretty much it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (111)
17.62%
It's just nice to be back! (172)
27.3%
Not great so far... (225)
35.71%
I want to drop out! (122)
19.37%

Watched Threads