The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Not at all...it's very natural for guys to go all gooey over celebrities! You're allowed to ogle Jesse Metcalfe or whoever, but at the end of the day, you know that YOU'RE the only girl for him. He knows they aren't real, that they're airbrushed, and that he'd never date any one of them in a million years...he knows you're the one with the bubbly personality he loves!

Please don't let it get to you, he isn't going to dump you for Angelina Jolie anytime soon!

Livs
Hey, i feel like this sometimes, i can get upset when my boyfriend looks at magazines and stuff but thats mainly because im really low on self esteem and really hate the way i look. what is ur bf/gf doing to upset you?
Reply 3
Erm, no. I know how it feels to get jealous over stupid stuff like that though but in the end I just grew up and got over it. Nothing else for it i'm afraid.
Reply 4
i remember when my bf told me some celebrity he liked it upset me, i thought it was all a bit unnessicary of him.
Reply 5
i really don't mind. I would rather he be honest with me and I also sometimes tell which celeb I like to
Reply 6
No, definitely not. I think celebs are hot too. At the end of the day he's probably never going to meet them - everyone's allowed to fantasise.

Like someone else has said, he's with you, also he knows/loves you - he may think celebs are hot but that's as far as it goes, a relationship is much more than how attractive each person is.
Reply 7
I just love the way everyone's assumed the OP is female. Fair assumption, though, isn't it?
Reply 8
My boyfriend doesn't do that. In fact the best boyfriends I've had never drooled over celebs.
no. theyre celebrities, its not like theyre ever going to really sleep with them. But even if that oppertunity did arise, i'd probably let my bf sleep with the celeb (depending on how famous/ beautiful she was and if i was allowed to join). I'd be a nice story to tell i guess
Reply 10
My boyfriend doesn't drool but he does have a thing for Hayley Williams from Paramore. It doesn't bother me. There's celebs I find stupidly attractive and he knows it. Doesn't bother him either.
my boyf likes hayley williams (paramore again)... and angelina jolie i think - to be honest, at least it shows he has good taste.

I drooled over Heath Ledger in '10 Things...' and my boyfriend got all offended asking what Heath had that he didn't.... silly boy *sigh*
Reply 12
suicidal_dream
my boyf likes hayley williams (paramore again)... and angelina jolie i think

:coma:

You've just named two very, very sexy girls :smile:

I fully agree, he has pretty decent taste.
Reply 13
The Socialite
es!

Please don't let it get to you, he isn't going to dump you for Angelina Jolie anytime soon!

That's what he'd say to your face... :biggrin:
Reply 14
My boyfriend announced that he'd won a chance to go to a meet and greet with Paramore, he didn't want to tell me because he thought I wouldn't be happy! Bless. I was more concerned about having to wander around Newcastle on my own for however long. His train was late though. So he missed it. Ha!
My boyfriend reallllllly likes Christina Scabbia. It's quite obsessive. I look nothing like her! I'm definitely plainer with blonde hair so I'm out. And yet, I'm in there! :wink:
Don't worry, he has no chance with any of them so he won't be straying anytime soon.

EDIT: Just googled Hayley Williams, she looks like the love child of Ashley Simpson and Ronald McDonald. Men's tastes work in mysterious ways..
Reply 17
I don't get jealous about that kinda stuff, I know and accept that it's natural to be attracted to other people. My boyfriend does make comments on celebs and I always catch him checking out other women, it's normal. Providing he doesn't do anything with anyone else, it's fine.

I would have a cheek to get jealous anyway, i'm completely obsessed with a few celeb men myself and I do like to have a nose at other men. Unlike my boyfriend, I know how to be discreet :p:

Seriously though, it's normal. He has no chance with these women and just because he's in a relationship DOESN'T mean that he can't be attracted to others. As long as he isn't doing anything, I don't think that you have anything to worry about it. If it's really annoying you, ask him to tone it down a bit.
It is perfectly normal to drool over someone famous.
Reply 19
no but I'd be ticked off if they talked about it all the time

well, just if they generally talked about a celebrity, whether in terms of being attracted to them or not, all the time. I think I'd probably seriosuly reassess the relationship.

Latest

Trending

Trending