hippieglitter
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Is it possible to have phobis of sex, i don't have one i'm just curious to see if anyone does or thinks they might? I've heard of peole having a phobia of giving birth and you would think that might be linked.
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Tokophobia (fear of giving birth) isn't really always linked to sex. However, of course it's possible to have a phobia of sex.
The Socialite
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yep. My best friend had a fear of sex, because she was a virgin and was terrified of sex being painful after being told awful stories of girls bleeding all over the bed and it being excruciating...but she had a lovely boyfriend who was willing to wait until she was ready. They had sex and she said it wasn't as bad as she thought at all, hurt a tiny bit but because he was so gentle and they loved each other very much...she got over her fear. So perhaps you just need to find the right guy, hippieglitter?

Unless it's a sudden fear of sex that's come over you even if you aren't a virgin?

Livs
tropical-twist3
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
erotophobia - fear of sex
hippieglitter
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
(Original post by The Socialite)
Yep. My best friend had a fear of sex, because she was a virgin and was terrified of sex being painful after being told awful stories of girls bleeding all over the bed and it being excruciating...but she had a lovely boyfriend who was willing to wait until she was ready. They had sex and she said it wasn't as bad as she thought at all, hurt a tiny bit but because he was so gentle and they loved each other very much...she got over her fear. So perhaps you just need to find the right guy, hippieglitter?

Unless it's a sudden fear of sex that's come over you even if you aren't a virgin?

Livs
I said in the the op that i don't have a phobia of sex, i have the right guy, i only posted out of curiosity.
squeak
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I've seen a few posts on tsr, of girls who think the idea is repulsing, and disgusting, and could neer imagine themselves having sex, ever.
coolguy456
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
You can have a phobia of anything, all it takes is a negative association with the stimulus! I.e. Rape would perhaps cause a phobia as you would associate sex with this bad experience.
lynds81
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by hippieglitter)
Is it possible to have phobis of sex, i don't have one i'm just curious to see if anyone does or thinks they might? I've heard of peole having a phobia of giving birth and you would think that might be linked.
The idea of giving birth sends shivers up my spine and makes me feel ill, but I love sex, and am in no way phobic :p: so I don't think there's a link... (Certainly not in my case!)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (102)
24%
No (323)
76%

Watched Threads